Here lies.....The Beast! Pedalboard almost finished. :)

td2243

This beast is almost done. Everything is programmed and works as it should. Buying the "mono to stereo" and "Ring Disconnect" cables were the key to having the kinks ironed out. Those cables were custom made by Bill at https://www.dhguitarrepair.com Great prices and gets cables built fast.

This PBC is a truly remarkable piece of gear and will allow me to concentrate on my playing and less on tap dancing. I've haven't run a stereo rig in about twenty years, so it's so nice to hear when I kick in the stereo Ventris or and Dimension C. Just sounds gorgeous. For me, the huge plus about the PBC is that it allows me to keep eight pedals underneath the board whose knobs I never touch. I also have a handful of pedals going into the front of the amp before they even reach the switcher. Then Loops 7-10 are going through the effects loop on my amp.

Loop 1 is the insert for my Moog Theremin, which I use on several songs. I like having it go into the board because then I can throw crazy effects at it as well.

For amplifiers, I'm running a Engl Raider combo and a Tech 21 Power Engine for the stereo signal. The Jamman is used to cue various recordings made ahead of time in Logic (string sections, sound effects, etc).

I'm now trying to clean up cables underneath and there are SOOOOO many going all over the place.
Cable management is now the focus.

Daniel

12-2018board1.JPG

12-2018board2.JPG

Cool! I haven't seen a board with a full-size second tier on it. The PBC's height is an advantage in this case.

That is pretty cool with regards to the thought process and function. I really like it. Only downside would be the weight of the board...not knocking it at all. It's a great concept and execution. I myself use both Ron's mastermind PBC and rack Effects Gizmo which the PBC controls it all. That's where my extra pedals go. The effects gizmo is great as that's where I easily swap/add pedals. Plus it's a gives me another 12 loops for trying new stuff without smashing my tone with effects I am not using. Along with a Diezel VH4 and Friedman BE100, weight is always something that bothers me. Trucking it around is sometimes a PIA. Unfortunitly, I don't have my own roadie. I suppose it could be worse, I could be a drummer.

Good luck on the cable management. When you think you've got it right...you'll be wanting to switch something. Hell, I'm forever stuck in PBC programming mode lol

I wouldn't bother with caster, it's just going to add 3-4 lbs...lol It's really a cool idea though what you've got!

Pick up a wooden furniture dolly at Lowe's or Home Depot. I can get my board, amp, 1x12, and my Kemper all in one trip. I think the measurements of the dolly is something 27" x 19".

Pick up a wooden furniture dolly at Lowe's or Home Depot. I can get my board, amp, 1x12, and my Kemper all in one trip. I think the measurements of the dolly is something 27" x 19".

Good point. Harbor Freight sells them cheap. I would no matter what you purchase...change the wheels to larger 4" minimum wheels. I don't care what 2" wheels are used, it seems you can get stuck on a toothpick with those wheels. ...ultimately jamming the components into your body, stubbing your shoulder or at worst, loosing components off of the dolly. I do have one with 6" pneumatic wheels which works great. The pneumatic wheels also act as a shock absorber. They won't cut cables and don't get stuck on toothpicks. I keep meaning to switch my 4x12 cabs too...but haven't got around to it (....ok so it's been like years for those...but it's due). I complain about those wheels all the time too!

Back