How to get PBC to resend current EXP Pedal position via MIDI?

vatore3rd

I am using the Global PBC ExpPedal to control a Source Audio EQ2. It all works fine except that the EQ2 does not "remember" the current EXP position when changing its presets. I would like to set up the PBC to resend the current EXP Pedal position via MIDI whenever I change a preset on the EQ2. I have buttons to change the EQ2 presets. Is there an action I can use to direct PBC to resend the current EXP value? I see a "Send" value in the editor for the System ExpPedal action, but it is not documented in the online editor wiki so I am not sure what it does or how to use it. I tried to use it in my button actions but it did not yield the right result. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok so I figured out how to do this using MIDI Monitor on my Mac to track what the PBC was sending. First, the "System ExpPedal Send" action does indeed re-send the current EXP position. However, the reason it did not achieve the result I was expecting was that the PBC was sending the CC EXP message BEFORE the PC message to change the EQ2 preset. This in spite of the fact that I listed the PC action before the ExpPedal action in the button's action list. I then tried checking "Direct Send PCs/CCs" in the EQ2 MIDI device setup and suddenly it all worked -- the PC was sent followed by the EXP CC.

I am a little confused as to why the PBC would ever send a PC after CCs to the same device within one action list. Not sure if this is intended behavior or a bug?

Thanks. I have attached a PBC backup of my setup if it will be of help. The buttons at issue are on the first button page labelled CLEAN, CHIME, DIRTY. Each has an EQ2 PC action followed by the System ExpPedal Send (followed by other stuff). This file is currently working since I have Direct Send PCs/CCs checked on EQ2 device.

Attachments

• PBC-500-BACKUP.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back