IA link / Button groups puzzle

Jef

Hi,

In short: I want buttons that reflect at any time what audio loops are on.

I have 1 button page with 3 presets + IA to my most used audio loops. This is my "main page" and I want to see really easily which loop is off or on for each preset. When I stay on this page, everything works like a charm.

I also have a "presets page" with grouped buttons. These buttons have PC change actions + audio loop on/off actions. (I tried this both as an action per button and as a button group action). This way, I can switch between PCs on a pedal AND turn them off and on. This page works great on its own too.

The problem is this:

If i turn on a pedal on the "presets page", the IA audio loop button on my "main page" does not reflect this. If I use IA-link on the buttons on my "presets page", it overrides the group behaviour on that page. All of a sudden, when I press one preset, all buttons controlling the same pedal switch their led colour.

So. Is there a way to IA link buttons without them overriding the fact that they 're grouped?

I hope my question makes sense...

Have a nice day,

Jef

The main LCD should show which loops/switches etc are on/of at any time.

Did you check your global setting for send off messages or send on preset change?....just a shot in the dark right now. I suggest uploading your file so it can be reviewed and checked by others...that may be easiest.

Hi Diezel. Thanks for the input!

I know the about the main LCD, but mine sometimes goes dark so I cannot trust it for live. Also I really want it to be the leds.

That being said, I think I found a solution I am happy with:
Instead of having separate buttons per preset (see page 3 on attached file 1), I made a IA cycle button per pedal for changing the presets (see attached file 2), and thus freeing up other buttons to just change the audio loop off and on. These are then IA-linked to the same buttons on page 1.

No more conflicts I hope. Will try later today.

Attachments

• J RKTKN PBC 190123.3 (page 3 preset buttons conflict).rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • J RKTKN PBC 190125.2 (page 3 preset cycle).rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Your LCD goes dark? Meaning it turns off or goes to dark contrast? You can adjust the contrast of the LCD if that helps to make it clearer...but if it's going blank or completely black, that's not normal.

Good that you've got an alternative solution that is working for you regarding controlling your pedals.

If I follow your initial concern...do you mean for example on the bliss preset page pressing "Grav 0" on color is green. Move to page 1, "Grave Express" you'd expect to be green but on preset set, it looks like it will turn aqua.

The LCD backlight has a bad contact somewhere and is unpredictable.

I just realised my attached file was a bit confusing. I was trying to find a workaround to avoid the conflict I had and did not save every step in between. Also, some button names probably only make sense to me, so I renamed them and attached a new file that 's easier to explain my problem.

What I want to achieve was this:

If I select CHORUS preset 0 on page 2, the CHORUS button on page 1 should go to its "on" state.
Same for TREM presets.

Attachments

• J RKTKN PBC 190123.4 (preset buttons conflict).rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I have totally reworked my PBC pages -in part to circumvent the problem I had- yet a similar problem occurs.
Seems I do not fully grasp how IA-linking and grouping behaves.

I will elaborate in a new thread, so this one can stay on this subject.

Back