Is it possible for the GT to display the Axe-Fx III Tempo Value?

skracus

Just curious. It would be handy if the tap tempo button was able to display the actual value of the Axe-Fx III tempo in addition to its flash rate.

Similar to how IA buttons show which channel state is active. It would be cool if the Tap Tempo showed the tempo like "105" if the tempo was set to 105 for example. I don't know if the Axe-Fx sends a pulse or an actual value that the GT converts to the flash rate of the IA button.

I tested, but it's not stable, the value is constantly changing on the GT, not on the Axe. It also shows up on the main screen and disappear randomly.

I tested, but it's not stable, the value is constantly changing on the GT, not on the Axe. It also shows up on the main screen and disappear randomly.
Oh, you know what? Yea, I'm seeing the value on the GT change between two values while it stays fixed at 100 bpm on the AFIII. I hadn't noticed the value oscillating like that on the GT.

That settings does exactly what it says, it looks at the tempo flashes coming from the Axe-Fx and figures out how fast they're coming. Our number can't be any more accurate than flashes from the Axe-Fx are. Unfortunately, the flashes are not super accurate.

There is a way to get the actual tempo from the Axe-Fx now. I'll look into adding a query for that.

Back