Kemper Profiler support

snark

Any plans in the near future to support a pre configuration of this device ...similar to what you are doing with the Axe-FX?

Thanks, Randy

I want to support it as much as possible, which at the moment means we'll be able to have preprogrammed CC names. This should be in 1.2. The KPA doesn't have bidirectional MIDI support as of yet, but they are supposedly building some in to support their own controller. I've let them know that we're really interested in working with them, and will support any functionality they choose to implement.

Ron,

This is the reply I received from Kemper on the bi-directional midi support...

"bi-directional Midi communication is not following any standard. If you find any devices communicating via Midi in both directions, these are typically manufactured by the same company e. g. Lexicon MPX G1 and R1 using propriatary protocols. We cannot work with all floorboard manufacturers around the globe and realize a custom solution with each of those plus assuring backward compatibility whatsoever. We might do this with one or two while we are planning to introduce our own floorboard, which will obviously be highly integrated with our Profilers. In the meantime many of our customers do use a Behringer FCB 1010 with chip-tuning e. g. UNO-chip and corrresponding editor software. This combination is very powerful and cheap. Pedals could be a bit more robust."

I would be interested if could make the GT work....

I think they don't understand that we can make the GT do whatever it needs to in order to handle the Kemper's proprietary MIDI stream. They don't need to conform any specification of ours, as long as it is more-or-less MIDI. The GT is unique in that we can have parts of the firmware that are dedicated to communicating with certain devices and handling their special features. Normally, we don't need to do this, but in the case of something that has bidirectional support, it's essential.

If/when they release bidirectional support , we can make it work with the GT as long as it uses the standard MIDI port and isn't restricted to the CAT5 port they have on the KPA. The only question is how long it will take, which depends on how much support they give us and how complicated the protocol is.

Back