Latency issue between Kemper and Mastermind GT

S.mabe89

need some direction on programming my Mastermind to my Kemper.

So, my current rig consists of a Kemper profiler and Headrush Looper Board. I have managed to get my MMGT to speak to and send commands to my Kemper as well as the Headrush. My problem however is, I want my Mastermind to simultaneously start recording on my Headrush and switch my effects/rigs in my Kemper. So far, I have managed to get my Headrush to carry out both recording immediately and my rig will change in my Kemper, but there is a rather serious delay in the change which poses a problem in my ability to line my tracks up when looping.

What's happening is my Headrush will do its job, but my Kemper is late to the party, so to speak.

Any recommendations on how to correct these latency issues?

The Kemper does take a while to change rigs, there's unfortunately nothing we can do about it on our end. The GT sends messages as fast as MIDI allows. You may be able to get it to go faster by staying within the same rig and also switching effects, or perhaps by using the morph function to switch between two sounds quickly. Also, you might want to try contacting Kemper and see if they have tips for getting the fastest changes between sounds,

Back