Map a button to a preset

cvor

Hi......My setup is a Diezel midi amp and various midi pedals. The amp does not respond to specific Midi program #s or CC - it has a learn mode where amp remembers which channel is for each Mastermind preset. My approach to setting up the LT is basically centered around that limitation. I need to go to a different LT preset if I want to change channels on the amp. There are times I play around with effects and want the same sound I am using but only want to change the amp channel (maybe from clean to gain for example). I probably can just simply create another LT preset and store the amp channel I want and choose to not send midi messages to everything else so they remain in the same state. My thought however since I don't want to have to go to different banks (and LT has limited # of buttons) was to create the new presets in a distant bank but then create a hold button for my current presets. The hold would then be mapped to 1 of those new presets. So for example, Preset 1 is clean channel (and turns off all effects); Preset 2 (Dirty Channel and turns off all effects); all the way through 4. If I can program each of those as a hold, when I hold it down it can switch to the new preset where it changes to the amp channel I want but leaves effects as is (if I have delay and reverb on, it will stay on).

Any idea if this can be done?

You should be able to get it done by setting the buttons' hold functions to IA type, then adding an action to the buttons that send PC messages to the amp. Make sure that the Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned off on these buttons so that they don't interfere with your normal preset changes. Also set the group number to the same number for all these buttons.

hi - I am not familiar with groups but all buttons are set to "none" for groups. I wasn't aware that IA action could by system/preset so that helped and I was able to switch to the new presets I created. I also had to mess with bank settings as a result but that seemed to work out. However, when I switch to those new presets, it is turning strymon presets off despite Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned off on the new hold buttons I created. Let me know what you think

If you use System / Preset, it will change presets on the Mastermind, causing all devices to change. If you use a PC action, it will affect only the amp.

Which values do I put in for the Program Change??? Diezel doesn't respond to specific program #s - just "learns"

Use PC0 for the first button, PC1 for the second, etc. Those are the PC numbers that are assigned to the LT''s presets by default, so they'll match up with your existing preset buttons.

awesome - works great. thanks again. Seems like whatever I think of doing the LT can do it!

Back