Mastermind GT control of Kemper looper

Ken

Has anyone had success using the Mastermind GT to control the looper functions in the Kemper Profiler?

Hey Ken, I just saw this post in trying to get it work for myself. There's a long-running post over on the Kemper forums regarding this, but, alas, I cannot seem to make this work at all with the Mastermind. Technically, it's an unsupported feature by Kemper, which is silly, but it is, and some have had success getting it to work.

Take a look here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/i...eam-made-it-available-in-3-0-2-Public-Beta-U/

The Kemper Foot Controller talks to the Kemper via NPRN messages, something that the Mastermind does not support. The workaround (in the forum post above) is to send 4 CC messages, in a specific order, to the Kemper. I don't know if the Mastermind just doesn't send them in order, but it seems like it doesn't, as it'll register sometimes, but not other times. I've had it stick on the "loop on" mode, and had to write individual CC buttons to the Mastermind, and hit them in order, just to get it to stop.

Additionally, I've read that the 5.0 firmware breaks some of the functionality. I think "undo" doesn't work any longer.

If you find out something, please post here. I would LOVE to have this working myself.

Edit: Also, I think turning on "Direct Send PCs/CCs" (in the device settings) might help with this. I don't recall seeing this option before, but I'll have to try it once I get my pedalboard rebuilt.

I spoke with Ron via email, and this was his reply:

"In speaking to their programmer, the "hack" they had in place to allow looper control was removed. He doesn't know when, or if, looper control will be implemented again, unfortunately. The moment they do, I'll definitely support it."

Yes, that's correct, they told me that they removed all MIDI control of the looper. I haven't tried it myself to see if that's true.

You are correct that Direct Send will make sure that CCs and PCs in action lists are sent in the order specified.

Back