MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE/EDITOR VERSION 5.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware & editor version 5.1.0 are now available!

FEATURES:
  • New device support:
    • Amplitube Tonex
    • Chase Bliss Mood 2 & Gen Loss 2
    • Flower Sunflower
    • Strymon Brig, Cloudburst and Ultraviolet
  • Added new Bank Size parameter, which allows you to set a fixed bank size. This is the amount of presets the Bank Up and Bank Down advance through the preset list. (This has no effect in Song & Setlist mode.) The default value "Auto" is the old behavior, where bank size is determined by the number of preset buttons on the current page.
  • IA Cycle Menu and Scene Menus now have a "Remain in Menu" option that allows you to switch between any or all of the options in the menu without exiting the menu. A Done button is provided to exit the menu when this option is activated.
BUG FIXES:
  • Corrected the default settings for the Axe-Fx III looper button
  • Improved the way log taper compensation works in expression pedals
  • Fixed issues in the System Menu on GT/10s
You can also read the full change log if you like.

TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT510.zip

Mac Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-5.1.0.dmg
PC Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-5.1.0.zip

Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf

Last edited:
IA Cycle Menu and Scene Menus now have a "Remain in Menu" option that allows you to switch between any or all of the options in the menu without exiting the menu. A Done button is provided to exit the menu when this option is activated.
Amazing! Thank you!

I purchased a used GT 16 last week, had my eye on them for years! I had a financial disaster a while back, and thought I'd never get one.

It arrived without a PS, so I bought a 5A job off the bay. I then found that the previous owner's setup was still in it, so I used it to poke around and try to reverse engineer his rig. The update from 4.9 to 5.1 went without a hitch, once I found a compatible memory stick.

No gig here, of course, but the advice is right on. I never update Helix Rack before anything important to me. Never know when something coughs, or even when the power will go out, even with a UPS.

Sure could use better Helix support though. Yes, it actually does have midi in and out, so does Helix Floor. Helix Floor Back.jpg

Attachments

• Helix Rack Back.jpg
    Helix Rack Back.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I purchased a used GT 16 last week, had my eye on them for years! I had a financial disaster a while back, and thought I'd never get one.

It arrived without a PS, so I bought a 5A job off the bay. I then found that the previous owner's setup was still in it, so I used it to poke around and try to reverse engineer his rig. The update from 4.9 to 5.1 went without a hitch, once I found a compatible memory stick.

No gig here, of course, but the advice is right on. I never update Helix Rack before anything important to me. Never know when something coughs, or even when the power will go out, even with a UPS.

Sure could use better Helix support though. Yes, it actually does have midi in and out, so does Helix Floor.
Despite its available MIDI connections, the Helix firmware doesn't support bidirectional MIDI communication with a MIDI controller like the Axe-Fx or Kemper does. I proposed a solution to Line 6 years ago, but they never did any work on it that I'm aware of. Without that, there's nothing we can do on our end.

Aha! Thanks Ron. That might be an ongoing thing at the helix ideascale, I'll have a look.

later... yeah, big nothin. Yikes!

I couldn't leave it alone. I made an ideascale entry. See what happens if anything...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back