MEGX and GT16 General Q's

Matt

I was thinking up upgrading to the MEGX for the tuner display capability. After reading through the manual I have a couple of Q's:

1). It says in the manual that the MIDI cable must be plugged directly from the GT into the MEGX. I have an input panel on the back of my rack for faster connections. I'm using a 7 pin for power from my GT to the patch panel to my current Mini Effect Gizmo, works fine. Will the MEGX still work with the patch panel? It patches directly to the MEGX, nothing in between.

2). I would guess on the GT I would need to dedicate a button for the tuner? Can this button also silence the guitar signal like a bypass- not only for tuning but also for changing guitars without making a bunch of amp noise?

Thanks-
M

I should probably be more clear in the manual. When I say "directly", I mean no other MIDI devices in between. Something like an input panel, where it's just running through more wire, is fine, as long as all 5 pins are wired through.

Yes, you'd probably want to dedicate a button to activating the tuner. The MEGX has a setting "mute output when tuner is active". Turning that on will give you an automatic mute.

Awesome thanks. I've been looking forward to being able to pull up a tuner on the main display of the GT. Maybe on a future update the screen can be inverted for the tuner to have the background black and the tuner display in white, most like a traditional digital tuner.

Back