Mini amp gizmo + mesa MkV + nova system question

Firks

Hi Guys, new here as you can see :) however i have been using the mini amp with my mkv for a while now.
Anyway i'll get straight to it;
When im playing and switching patches that change channels, theres a very apparent cut off in the sound coming out the cab. For example, i could be playing the rhythm section of a song and go to change to a solo patch, and there will be the cut off in sound. Its very audible and imo affects the overall performance quality. Is this normal?
Obviously when you normally chnge channel its not like theres no interuption, but its just very noticeable as i said. Maybe that theres more of a delay with the relays?
I literally just took the gizmo out of the box and hook it up so im not sure if perhaps i should of set it to mkv compatability/ mode?

Thanks! :)

The Mini Amp Gizmo shouldn't switch the channels any differently than the amp's own footswitch does. The circuitry in the Mark V interface cable does a good job of mimicing the amp's footswitch.

There is one setup step that should be done on the Mini Amp Gizmo before working with a Mark 5 - power up the Mini Amp Gizmo while holding the 8 button. Once the lights flash and stay on steady, release 8 and press 3. This sets the Mini Amp Gizmo up for a 3 channel amp.

Back