Mini Effect Gizmo Power query

I am running a Mini-Amp Gizmo (MAG), Mini Effect Gizmo (MEG) and a Mastermind (MM).

I am running a Cioks DC10 power supply. I am providing DC power to everything. The manuals say that the MAG draws 150 mA and the MEG draws 200 mA.

I am running them out of outlets 5 and 6 on the Cioks which provides isolated 9v DC 200 mA on each.

I can't use the higher current outlets on the Cioks because I am running 2 Eventide pedals which draw heaps of current and they are using those outlets.

My question is this - is the 200 mA 9v DC into the MAG enough current to phantom power my MM from the MAG?

The only alternative is to use an ugly wall wart when currently the only lead I have running to the front of stage is a single 7-pin midi cable.

I would appreciate some advice from the RJM gurus please.

Cheers

200mA wouldn't be enough to power both. But you could daisy-chain two of the outlets in parallel with a Y cable to give you 400mA, which would be plenty enough for both devices. I've done this with my Burkey Flatliner in the past.

Thanks Martin, but I need both of the 200 mA outlets - one for the MAG and one for the MEG. The other 9v outlets are all 100 mA, or the 400s that I am using for the Eventides.

You could *probably* get away with combining a 200mA and a 100mA outlet to power your MM and MAG. Probably. It's slightly under powered (300mA instead of the required 350mA) but the Cioks power supplies tend to be a little over-specified so it should work OK. 200mA on its own won't do the trick.

I think I have a possible solution:

Use a parallel cable to merge outlets 3 and 4 (100 mA each) so that it supplies 200 mA - Mini effect gizmo

Merge outlets 5 and 6 (as you suggested - but you don't need a "Y" cable on the CIOKS - just flip a DIP switch) so they provide 400 mA - Mini Amp Gizmo phantom powering the Mastermind.

I'm not sure of the ACTUAL, rather than rated, current draw of the RJM products

After getting great assistance from both RJM and from Poul CIOK, I have set it up so that the MEG uses outlets 3 and 4 with a parallel merge cable (2 x 100 mA = 200 mA) and the MAG uses outlet 5 on the merged setting (400 mA). The MAG then phantom powers the Mastermind and it works a treat.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 100_1290.JPG
    100_1290.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 100_1294.JPG
    100_1294.JPG
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 1
Back