Minimizing switching: MEG in loop of Rack Gizmo

Meanoldfireman

I'm rebuilding my stereo rack. For several reasons, I added a MEG to the first shelf, which has most of the mono effects ahead of the preamp (Fuzz, OD, Boost, comp, envelope filter).

The MEG is in Loop 2 of the Rack Gizmo. If I'm not using any of the effects in the MEG, I'd like to shut loop 2 in the Rick Gizmo off. At the same time, I want to avoid having the RG loop switch off, then back on when I switch from one loop on the MEG to another. (I do use more than one device in the MEG at a time, so I can't put them in a group and have the group function switch it off.)

Right now, I have the IA buttons for the MEG loops with the first line turning on the MEG loop and the Second line turning on the RG loop (so the IA link won't link all of these buttons). Can I right a macro so RG loop 2 will stay on when any of the MEG loops are active, but shut down when they're not?

Thanks

You're doing it the right way - currently, there's no other way to do it, not even with macros.

My thought now is to have the RG loop switched on when I engage one of the MEG loops, but not shut off when I shut off the MEG loop. I'll shut off the RG loop when I engage a preset that doesn't use any of the MEG loops. Not perfect, but given the way I use IAs and presets, it shouldn't cause issues.

Back