MLM and TC Gmajor 2...slight issue?

divil

Hi Ron and RJM users,
I have just added a MLM to my existing RG-16/Mastermind rig...I have a TC Gmajor 2 and which was previously wired into the serial effects loop on my Boogie MKV head..via the RG-16...I decided to buy the MLM and try and get rid of the tone suck from having the GM2 in a series loop....all works well and tone is much better...It's running on loop 5 ...but I have noticed that I get a small drop in volume/tone when I engage loop 5...as a test I changed all the cables and still got the same results....I then added a Boss Space Echo pedal to loop 6 and found that I don't get the problem with that.
All levels in the global/patches of the GM2 are on full and pro and consumer mode have no effect....not that I would think this would make a difference....it's as if when the GM2 is put in the parallel loop it's affecting the direct pass through signal...I have also tried a different input on the MLM but no change....it's not a major problem more of an irritation! :roll:

Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers
Paul :D

If it's getting quieter when you turn on the G Major 2 loop, sounds like some kind of phasing issue. Strange though - not something I experienced with mine.

rjmmusic said:
Is there not enough level boost available on the line mixer output level knob?

yep plenty of level...the MLM is in the serial loop and thus acts as a kind of master volume for the amp....the Boss unit shows no loss when switched in but when the GM2 is switched in there is a slight drop in volume and the tone changes a little?....it's weird! :D

MartinCliffe said:
If it's getting quieter when you turn on the G Major 2 loop, sounds like some kind of phasing issue. Strange though - not something I experienced with mine.

Hi Martin....how's life in sunny Leek?....yep sounds kinda like a phase thing?!...strange! :D

Just had another fiddle about...have switched the GM2 to another audio loop and it's still the same...so the loop is fine...I also noticed that when I turn 'off' the GM2 via it's front power switch I still have the same problem?!?...there's a definate small volume/tone drop happening here...almost like Martin suggest an out of phase type thing??!! :?

Paul :D

I realize this is an old post, but just wanted to share my thoughts on it. The G system is known to have input impedances that dont line up very well with all guitar equipment. I suspect the gmajor 2 suffers from this same flaw. I have attempted to use my gmajor 2 in a series loop and with a line mixer and run into the same problems. I really think the GMaj2 impedance just isn't well matched for some Mesa equipment (my test was on a mark IV).

Back