MMGT22 Axe FX III Bug?

Rain

Hi everyone, looks like I found a Bug.
MMGT22 4.2.2 and 4.2.3
AXE FX III 1.19 Beta 3 Firmware I did not notice this on the 1.18 Firmware

This is an Intermittent Problem.... It only happens sometimes....
1-Select a Preset(Example 006 Bank 1) with The Encoder On the Axe FX III
2-The MMGT22 Shows the Change and Preset 006
3- I Press any other Preset (Example 003 On Bank1) the MMGT22 shows the Selected Preset on the MMGT22 for a second and goes right back to 006. It does not change anything on the Axe FX III.
4-If I select 001-002-004-005 on Bank 1 everything returns to normal...
5-It seems only lock up on the 1st Preset selection on the MMGT22 after Choosing a Preset with The Encoder on the AXE FX III.

Last edited:
Yes, confirmed.

After selecting a preset on the III itself, and then on the GT, the two devices get out of sync. Which is corrected by selecting a preset on the GT again.

Note: I noticed this, the MMGT22 and Axe FX III Bug doesn't happen when I Set Poll State to Off in Settings.

Last edited:
A quick check shows that this seems to be fixed in Axe-Fx 2.00 beta 2. Can you guys confirm?

I just checked. What happens now is that the GT no longer responds to / recognizes changed presets on the front panel.

Weird.... on mine it works intermittently..... sometimes it responds correctly and other times it locks up

That's weird, it works for me. I will try again later.

Please check to see if this is the same issue as before, where it works fine when Axe-Edit isn't running. I tried it both ways and it worked for me, but I'm wondering what it'll do for you.

How do you guys have Send Redundant PC set? The only problem I could find is when it's turned off. This case can happen:

- Select preset 1 on the GT
- On the Axe-Fx, select preset 2
- On the GT, select preset 1 again

The GT will jump to preset 1, then back to preset 2. This is because the GT will not send the PC message to select preset 1 (it considers it redundant), so the next time the GT asks the Axe-Fx what preset it's on, the Axe-Fx will respond "preset 2" and the GT will switch back to preset 2.

Is this what you're seeing, or is it something else?

How do you guys have Send Redundant PC set? The only problem I could find is when it's turned off. This case can happen:

- Select preset 1 on the GT
- On the Axe-Fx, select preset 2
- On the GT, select preset 1 again

The GT will jump to preset 1, then back to preset 2. This is because the GT will not send the PC message to select preset 1 (it considers it redundant), so the next time the GT asks the Axe-Fx what preset it's on, the Axe-Fx will respond "preset 2" and the GT will switch back to preset 2.

Is this what you're seeing, or is it something else?

Yes, just checked and it happens with Send Redundant turned off (which is the recommended setting).

Ok, does it happen when the setting is turned on? I may have to either revise the recommendation or figure out a way to get Redundant PC to work better with Poll State.

Ok, does it happen when the setting is turned on? I may have to either revise the recommendation or figure out a way to get Redundant PC to work better with Poll State.
Ok, it doesn't happen with Send Redundant PC turned on...

Also I've noticed on IA Switches I'm seeing another bug..
Example.
1-I have 10 Switches Set-Up as IA Effect Switches (Delay-Phaser-Etc.) Everything works great and I'm able to Turn the Effects On and Off and change Channels no problem.
2-Every once in a while I see a problem.
Example: I turn on the Delay and it switches from Solid Blue(Off) to Blue/White(On) and I see it Flash On and Off quickly and then show the correct state...
If I shut Off Poll State everything works Perfect...
I've been shutting it off for Live and Studio work...

Back