more preamp with effect-gizmo

stef74

good evening, i saw on another topic that u can use different preamps and switch it with loops in rg 16. i'd like to know if u can do the same using effect gizmo (loops 1/8). can u select, in theory, 8 different preamps?

thank u very much

Stef

yes you can although you will not have the ability to control those pre-amps like you can with the RG16

yes as the RG16 has 8 Function switches to control channel switching or whatever else is controllable on a preamp/amp

right, so, if i understood, i could select 8 different preamp (loop 1/8) and assign 4 different switches (loop 9/12) for channels or functions! thank you!!

correct on the RG16

there are 8 function switches and 8 loops

on the effect gizmo you have 12 loops, admitedly you could use the 1st 8 to control amp related switching leaving 4 loops but its easier with the RG16 now called Amp Gizmo and you can get dedicated cables made up to plug straight in for most amps.

You can't use loops 1-8 of the Effect Gizmo for function switching, but you can use loops 9-12. So if your function switching requirements are relatively simple, you can probably do what you need with a couple of loops, leaving you 8 or more loops on the EG for pedals and/or preamps etc.

Back