multibox question

Daniel Kim

Hello, I use 6x and Strymon Trinity.
I heard that if use a multibox can connect the 6x to your MacBook and use Nixie.
Here's something I'm curious about. In this case, do I need a special midi cable for 6x? And I also use a smart clock.
Can I use Nixie by connecting 6x -> smartclock -> multibox -> strymon -> multibox in like this?

The only thing you would need is a 5-pin active MIDI cable. Some MIDI cables have only 3 pins wired, and that won't allow bidirectional MIDI.

I've never used a Smartclock, but it's likely the case that putting the Smartclock between the PBC and Multibox will prevent Nixie from working.

The only thing you would need is a 5-pin active MIDI cable. Some MIDI cables have only 3 pins wired, and that won't allow bidirectional MIDI.

I've never used a Smartclock, but it's likely the case that putting the Smartclock between the PBC and Multibox will prevent Nixie from working.
Thank you. So what about this scenario?

pbc6x > multibox > 5pin out 1 > smart clock > strymon > multibox in

Will nixie work if I do this?

Thank you. So what about this scenario?

pbc6x > multibox > 5pin out 1 > smart clock > strymon > multibox in

Will nixie work if I do this?
You can always try but in my personal experience Strymon is very picky.

I demonstrate how I’m accomplishing my Strymon midi loop in this video using the Multibox. I’ve since updated a few things and this photo represents my new midi routing but the same principle applies—the Strymons are in their own loop.

Current midi wiring diagram: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/six5...ring.png?rlkey=e7jhn7mefrv340046fg7p1a09&dl=0

You can always try but in my personal experience Strymon is very picky.

I demonstrate how I’m accomplishing my Strymon midi loop in this video using the Multibox. I’ve since updated a few things and this photo represents my new midi routing but the same principle applies—the Strymons are in their own loop.

Current midi wiring diagram: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/six5...ring.png?rlkey=e7jhn7mefrv340046fg7p1a09&dl=0

Thanks Devan!
I'll try it! your video was very helpful

Back