Multiple MEGX Set-Up (Newbie)

schaefermusic

I have three MEGXs and a Mastermind GT/22. I am trying to get them all set-up together. WARNING: I will most likely have a slew of questions forthcoming and try to keep them a little at a time.

1. If I am using the MGGTEditor (v4.9.1) do I need to use the Mini Effect Gizmo X Editor?
2. If I am needing to use the MEGX Editor, do I need to connect all three simultaneously to the computer? Can I connect one to the computer and daisy chain the other two to the first MEGX?
3. MGGTEditor
a. Under Devices - I set-up MEGX1, 2, 3. Is there anything else I need to do so the MM sees all three of the MEGXs? Does each MEGX have to be on a different MIDI channel?
b. When watching "Mastering the Mastermind" Ep5 it showed an Audio Tab at the top. I am not seeing that as an option. What to do?
c. Under the Preset TAB there is no Audio option as well, nor a place to select Loops for each MEGX. What to do?
4. MMGT
a. I have added the three MEGs under devices. Anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there,

1). You need the Mini Effect Gizmo X editor to do initial setup, and also to set loop orders. The rest can be done on the GT
2). It's probably best to connect one MEGX at a time. At the least, you'll need to connect them one at a time, and set a different MIDI channel and Sysex ID on each one. After that, you could connect them all at once if you wanted to.
3a). You need a separate entry in the Devices tab and each one needs to be on a different MIDI channel
3b). The audio tab is for the Mastermind PBC, which has loops built in. The Mastermind GT doesn't have any audio settings itself.
3c). Same as above
4a). Same as 3a

There's more than one way to set things up, but generally I recommend settings up buttons on the GT to control each individual loop on the Mini Effect Gizmo. Then, you can use those buttons to control them manually and also to program which loops turn on for each preset.

Back