My Rack Build Thread

ESPImperium

I have finally got the start, or building blocks of my rack build. Got in my Gator 6U rack case today, and installed the Adam Hall 1U pull out rack shelf as well. I have also been custom building a patch bay for all the connectors to go into, with a few added extra areas.

Pics:

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Patch Bay Closeups:

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Parts still to get:

RJM RG12 Switcher.
RJM Mini Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
M-Audio Midiman 2X2
Palmer PDI Speaker Emulator
TC Electronics G Force
MXR/CAE Power Supply
Radial Passive DI Box
And a few smaller bits and bobs.

This rig needs to do a good bit of this and that, probably everything you can think of from be a accoustic rig, mamoth electric rig. If i can fit it all in!

This past weekends update:

I got my MXR/CAE MC403 Power System and a Cakewalk 2 in 2 out USB MIDI interface for my rack and started work on the patch bay for it as well.

Pics:
DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Patch Bay Fabrication:

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

I know i posibly have gone OTT on the solder, but id much rather have slightly too much than too little.

Still to finish the Power Supply cable and the MIDI cable that i have made on the patch bay and put Planet Waves solderless ends on the Input Jack cables, as well as the FX Send and FX Return cables, but that should be a hours work at tops.

Next Stage: Buy and install a RJM Rack Gizmo and the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro. Just awaiting the pay of my bonus and my first aid payment (First Aiders in the UK get an additional payment of up to £250 a year from their employers) whitch will mean that i can get them both at once.

A little update:

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

Thanks to Toneworld Guitars in Manchester for a speedy delivery die to a Jubilee Holiday that would have seen it delivered next Wednesday at the earliest otherwise.

Been on the back burner for a while, but finally got into doing something with my rack today, cleaning up the cables and also installing the ties mounts and securing the cables to them. Also did a switcheroo on the FX quick set up patch bay, moving it from the front to the back where a FX Loop is likely to be on an amp. Anyways, Pics:

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

And the pile for the Pedalboard project i have, witch the pedalboard Im awaiting delivery of:

DSC00556.jpg

Hi! I know that this is from a few years ago but I have pretty similar setup as well (6 gator case with Adam Hall 1U pull out rack shelf).
How do you manage to lock the lid of the pull out rack? I have this problem, when I transport the case everything is messed up since the lid moves.

Thanks!

Hey, i no longer have this rack, Ive completely overhauled it in the past 6 months. I used Velcro on the bottom of the pedals to stop them moving about.

Now rock a PBC and a rather large pedalboard with a Mesa Mark V 25 or a Peavey 6505MH.

This is my rig now:

DZEpBy7XUAEUCtt.jpg:large

DUZP-K_X4AAscB8.jpg:large

My interim pedalboard i was running until i decided what i was after:

DUZRajiW4AAZW4B.jpg:large

This pedalboard will be reused for a bass rig, and have a idea for a small 5-7 mini pedal pedalboard for a 'essentials' one.

I have evolved my rig to the point Im almost calling it finished, just a new guitar or two and Im gonna have everything I need and want.

Back