New buyer

Andy Power

Im ready to pull the trigger on an RJM Pedal, but cant make my mind up between a GT-10 or a GT-16. Its the 10 I want most because of its size.
wondered if I could draw upon your experience guys - my thoughts -

I love the size of the GT-10 as I don't want a large pedal and the GT-16 does look considerably bigger.
Im worried though that I need more than 10 switches - though I guess I will also be able to add some switches to the back of the unit.

Has anyone bought the GT-10 and regretted not buying the GT-16 (or perhaps bought the 16 and wish they bought the 10) I want to control my Axe III and also a Vocal harmoniser (with momentary switches etc).
I want - Scene 1, 2, 3, Vol Inc+, dinc-, Drive 2, Harmony, Delay, Vocal Harmony effects on/off,
vocal harmony Preset u/down (one button as only use 2 presets) so already thats 10....
Do I have a choice of anything else on the 10 (I dont understand pages - is this something I could use?..... or will I need to get the GT16.

I know its a bit of a daft question but it is a lot of money and I live in the UK so I will probably be paying almost half the amount again in duty and post etc...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy UK

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

You could set up multiple button pages. But if you want to have on the fly access to several different features on the Axe FX and Hamoniser I'd go for the GT16. You'll find you'll run out of buttons quickly.

One thing you could do before ordering: download the editor, and set up button pages for both a GT10 and a GT16. You'll find out which will suit your needs best, and it's also a great way to get started on learning how to program the device until you get it.

Good luck!

Good advice Jop.
Its just the bloody size of the GT16...Im buying it to replace my Fractal MFC-101 which I felt was quite bit and the GT-16 is even bigger infact by quite a bit - which is why I lean to the GT-10. I did as you sugested though and used up all the GT-10 buttons and had to leave out a Scene 3, and tap tempo -

Went from MFC to GT16, even if it's a little bigger, it's much lighter to carry then the MFC. No regrets.

Back