New user (got it today) with a few probs

Andy Power

Hi
I have programed a few scene changes (Axe-FX:scene 1/ Toggle #34 off:0 on0) and (Axe-FX:scene 1/ Toggle #34 off: on) however if I press a switch quickly - say from Scene 2 to Scene 1 the switch on the GT16 activates indicating that the Axe is now in Scene 1 BUT the Axe is still in Scene 2? I have to press the scene 1 switch again for it to go to scene 1???

ALSO

I am trying to send out a CC and PC to another device on MIDI channel 2 - the vocal harmoniser is connected via the MIDI thru on the AXE but Im not getting anything? not even the MIDI indicator on the AXE.

Finaly (so far) the Tap Tempo does not work for me - it just flashes and shows a tempo of 95 but does not react to tapping on the switch??

oh, and everytime I send info to the GT it goes to 000 preset...can I stop it from doing this.

hope some one can help me.

Make sure those scene buttons have the off value set to off:None. Otherwise, you have two buttons telling the Axe-Fx to go to two different scenes at the same time.

I'd have to see your settings to help you on the second issue.

Tempo button should have all checkboxes off except Flash w/ tempo. It should have a Tap Tempo action on it.

Do you have an IA button that has a System / Preset preset:0 action on it? If so, make sure all checkboxes are off except Momentary. That will prevent it from triggering unexpectedly. If that's not the issue, I can look at your settings and see what's up.

Hi managed to get the Vocalist going on MIDI 2 though I havent a clue how...as the PC numbers did not match, and when I changed them it made no difference? by selecting and deselecting PC in the devices page etc it finally started seeing the commands? but its working.

The tempo is flashing very quickly and though I can change the tempo speed via the switch the flashing speed does not change and remains very fast.

A few questions re CC's. I have looked at the CC in the button set for Drive and it says 'CC Toggle #110 off: 0 on: 127' yet in my Axe III the CC for this is set to CC#24 ? - This is the case for quite a few CC's

The adjustments to the Scene buttons worked a treat thanks :)

Hi managed to get the Vocalist going on MIDI 2 though I havent a clue how...as the PC numbers did not match, and when I changed them it made no difference? by selecting and deselecting PC in the devices page etc it finally started seeing the commands? but its working.

The tempo is flashing very quickly and though I can change the tempo speed via the switch the flashing speed does not change and remains very fast.

A few questions re CC's. I have looked at the CC in the button set for Drive and it says 'CC Toggle #110 off: 0 on: 127' yet in my Axe III the CC for this is set to CC#24 ? - This is the case for quite a few CC's

The adjustments to the Scene buttons worked a treat thanks :)

The CC number assignments in the Axe-Fx III are ignored for everything except for external controllers and scene increment/decrement. You have to use the CC numbers we assign in the GT and editor. This is explained in more detail here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/axe-fx-iii-support-behind-the-scenes.3216/

I don't know anything about the Vocalist, but the standard debugging process is to check your MIDI channel assignments, then try connecting the device directly to the GT MIDI output to see if anything is screwing up your MIDI signal. If that doesn't help, please send me your settings.

Regarding tempo, make sure any tempo buttons you have don't have Send on Preset change turned on.

Getting to grips with it (sort off)
i have to have the PC selected in devices - but is there a way to switch on the Axe III without everything reverting to preset 1. - it’s a bit of a pita

Last edited:
Back