Nice Rack Canada | Hurdy Gurdy Man

Nice Rack Canada

I don't often build rigs for Hurdy Gurdy players, but when I do... I prefer a "Dos Mesa" :lol:

This is the first time a Nice Rack shop has ever worked with a Hurdy Gurdy player.

We did a 2 pedalboard system consisting of a onstage "Control" Board and offstage "Effects" Board. We essentially flattened a system that would have required a 8 space rolling rack to house as a rack system. The client needs to transport the rig in a PT Cruiser and be able to load the system himself up or down stairs. We packaged the rig in ultralite welded aluminum rolling cases.

Audio routing is through 3x RJM Music Mini Effects Gizmos for Series Wired Compression, Overdrives, Fuzz, Pitch, POG & Modulations. Parallel Wired Delays & Reverb sum mixed by RJM Mini Line Mixer. Effects Board Output is feed through the Cathedral "master" Reverb and then the Boomerang for live looping. System outputs are fed through Muting Relays and then directly to the Sound System or ProTools.

Control board powered by Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Digital with a Series on two taps to supply 800mA @ 9V to the Boomerang.

Effects Board powered by Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+, 4x4 & Digital.

Thanks to Pedalboardlabels.com for the custom label set.

Nice Rack Canada
Custom Cables, Racks & Pedalboards - Engineered Solutions for Musicians
WEB: http://www.NiceRackCanada.com
EMAIL: info@NiceRackCanada.com

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Control_01.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Control_02.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Control_03.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Control_04.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Effects_01.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Effects_02.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Effects_03.JPG

Hurdy_Gurdy_MIDI_Pedalboard_Effects_04.JPG

Last edited:
We shot some video when the client picked up the rig. We'll post it when it's ready. Some huge sounding washes with percussive loops etc. It's a lot of music from one player.

Back