None more black

Should we make the RG-16 and Effect Gizmo black?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes, but as a limited edition thing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep 'em silver

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking about changing the RG-16 and Effect Gizmo panels to black. They'd still be brushed aluminum, but black anodized instead of clear anodized. I'd probably change the LEDs to blue for extra coolness factor. This would likely happen to the RG-16 first, followed by the Effect Gizmo. The RG-16 will also changed to more closely match the Effect Gizmo (buttons, hardware, overall layout, etc.) - this will happen regardless of whether or not the front panel color changes.

What do you think? Is this a good idea or not?

my personal preference is black or dark grey from an aesthetic point of view I always think it looks smarter

I'm with Martin on this one...my RG-16 also looks good with the GMII's silver facia.
But I sure black would match most of the other rack units well.
Blue LED's sound cool!

haven´t voted for the color, because i´ve seen the Poll too late.
i like the silver finish - it gives those rack unites some kind of "custom made" or "exclusive" look like.
but i also like the idea of a black RG-16 with blue LEDs....but the blue LEDs will cause blindness if you stare too long at your RG-16. :)
if you do this Ron, with all the other updates on the RG-16 (isolated out for the tuner out, stereo loops for 5-8...) i think i´ll have to buy a second RG-16. :D

or you offer the black/blue thing as a custom option of the RG-16.

Hi guys,

Firsttimer here! :)

I'm building a rack again and guess what....it's all black!
I need a switcher/looper too so I'm searching an comparing several candidates.
One downer on the RJM-gear is that it is not black.
So....I thought I register in support of the black movement! :mrgreen:

And let's face it guys....
The color of rockmusic is black.......

Vinni

Back