On/On with different names

Andy Power

Hi I am looking at the software (my GT16 is on its way)..other than control my Axe III I also would like to control my vocal Harmoniser via the GT16.
One button with CC to switch vocal effects on/off
One momentery switch (plugged in the rear to switch haromin in/out)
One switch to change presets via PC.

Its the last one I need help with. I only use two presetts on the Harmoniser (no.2 and No.3)
Could I set up one switch so it just toggles between the two presets and also shows the name of the preset on the display? when I press it again the other preset will be activated and its name showing on the screen....

Yes, set button type to IA and turn on IA Cycle. This allows you to define up to four steps for a button, each with its own color and name.

In IA Actions, add actions something like this:

PC Harmonizer off:None on:2
System / Step
PC Harmonizer off:None on:3

That will do what you want.

Yes, set button type to IA and turn on IA Cycle. This allows you to define up to four steps for a button, each with its own color and name.

In IA Actions, add actions something like this:

PC Harmonizer off:None on:2
System / Step
PC Harmonizer off:None on:3

That will do what you want.

Brilliant, thank you....

I am going to set up two or three scenes on the GT16 (Clean - dirty - Overdrive) - I also want an extra drive should I need a little more oomph.. If I switch the drive on when in scene two could I get it to switch out automatically when i go back to Scene one?
Or is this something I need to do in the Axe III.

Andy

I am going to set up two or three scenes on the GT16 (Clean - dirty - Overdrive) - I also want an extra drive should I need a little more oomph.. If I switch the drive on when in scene two could I get it to switch out automatically when i go back to Scene one?
Or is this something I need to do in the Axe III.

Andy

That should happen automatically when you switch scenes - each scene has a specific bypass state for each effect block, so switching to scene 1 will set your drive block to whatever it's supposed to be in scene 1.

That should happen automatically when you switch scenes - each scene has a specific bypass state for each effect block, so switching to scene 1 will set your drive block to whatever it's supposed to be in scene 1.

OK I was trying this out on the editor and if I put the drive on when in Scene 2 it stayed on when I pressed Scene 1... is that just the software? will the pedal act differently?
just had an email saying my GT16 is comming tomorrow so Im just trying to get everything ready to use this weekend.
Cant find the Scene Increment/deincrement so I guess i would just need to somehow set hem up myself.
Is there a manual for the editor?
Also how do i go from one page to another? for example I would like to go to page 2 to control my Axe III looper etc...
Does the editor mimic what the pedal will do? if so Im completely wrong with everything because nothing happens :-(
Im hoping it will all make sense when connected to the GT16.
Really could de with a manual to fully explain things - example in Global whats Max Button Page?
What exactly is a 'preset' and how do I access them (again nothing happens on the software?
etc etc etc...

The editor doesn't mimic most of what the GT does, so don't use that as a guideline.

Editor manual: www.rjmmusic.com/wiki - this explains a lot, especially your "what is a preset" question.

If you click on scene buttons in the Presets tab and those buttons change state, there's something wrong. Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on those buttons, otherwise they won't respond to the Axe-Fx when it's connected.

To make a button that changes pages, set button type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which should be on. Add this action to the button: System / Page page:x, where X is the page you want the button to take you.

Scene increment/decrement: Do everything as above, except the action should be: CC Toggle / Axe-Fx III off:None on:1 for decrement and CC Toggle / Axe-Fx III off:None on:2 for increment. Then, you have to go into the Axe-Fx MIDI settings and set the CC numbers for Scene Decrement and Scene Increment to match (CC1 for decrement and CC2 for increment)

Max Button Page is the highest number page that the GT will process. If you set max button page to 4, pages 5 and above will be ignored. Also, Page Up buttons will not move past page 4. This was created as a way to make sure that the GT is as fast as possible (not doing unnecessary work), but in practice it doesn't seem to matter much. Most people seem to set it to 16 and not worry about it.

The editor doesn't mimic most of what the GT does, so don't use that as a guideline.

Editor manual: www.rjmmusic.com/wiki - this explains a lot, especially your "what is a preset" question.

If you click on scene buttons in the Presets tab and those buttons change state, there's something wrong. Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on those buttons, otherwise they won't respond to the Axe-Fx when it's connected.

To make a button that changes pages, set button type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which should be on. Add this action to the button: System / Page page:x, where X is the page you want the button to take you.

Scene increment/decrement: Do everything as above, except the action should be: CC Toggle / Axe-Fx III off:None on:1 for decrement and CC Toggle / Axe-Fx III off:None on:2 for increment. Then, you have to go into the Axe-Fx MIDI settings and set the CC numbers for Scene Decrement and Scene Increment to match (CC1 for decrement and CC2 for increment)

Max Button Page is the highest number page that the GT will process. If you set max button page to 4, pages 5 and above will be ignored. Also, Page Up buttons will not move past page 4. This was created as a way to make sure that the GT is as fast as possible (not doing unnecessary work), but in practice it doesn't seem to matter much. Most people seem to set it to 16 and not worry about it.

Thank you for the quick and detailed response - Iv been informed that my GT16 will arrive today - In the UK the same week that I ordered it......even though I have been charged another $400 import duty, I still think with the support I have received so far very confident that I have made the right choice.

It does revert back however the lights are still showinf activated even though the effect it now off?

I bought a gt22 in uk (ebay.co.uk) and I can also only say nice things about the customer service quick helpful and super professional, i would have bought the if it was available in EU but i will probably build one myself...
again great product and great service....

Back