PBC/6X Loop 6 appears to "flatten" my stereo image

hafizimran

I hope this is the right place to post this, first post and all.

I have a PBC/6X and run a Meris LVX in Loop 4.
Originally I ran the Eventide H90 in Dual Mode i.e. H90-1,2 in Loop 5 and H90-3,4 in Loop 6.
I've connected everything to work in stereo, meaning I've triple checked all my cables (TRS to dual TS, etc), set the PBC/6X's Audio Setting to input and output stereo, etc.
I've also ensured the routing option in each H90 preset I was testing is set to Pre/Post.

Now the weird thing is, if I engage just Loop 4 (LVX), the stereo image is fine. Wide and deep.
If I add Loop 5 (H90-1,2), the stereo image remains fine still.
But if I then add Loop 6 (H90-3,4), suddenly the LVX's stereo image gets flattened. The stereo image of both the H90 dual engines are fine though.

So to simplify the process. I ran the H90 in Insert Mode (as if it's just a single pedal) in Loop 5 and then engaged the LVX. The stereo image is fine.
But the minute I move the H90 from Loop 5 to Loop 6 (disconnecting / reconnecting the physical cables) and engage the LVX, the LVX's stereo image gets flattened. The stereo image of the H90 is fine though.

I thought perhaps my Loop 6 is faulty but thankfully I have two PBC/6Xs and observed the same in both.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Back