(PBC/6X) Muting both outputs in a wet/dry setup

Daniel Hodges

I'm running wet/dry with a GigRig Humdinger in one of the loops on my PBC/6X - the loop runs into the humdinger (after my dry effects), the isolated output goes off to the dry amp and the buffered output heads on back into the the loop return.

When I mute for tuning (am running an ST-300 mini into input 2 as an always-on tuner) the output is off to the wet amp but the dry amp stays on.
Now I could switch the loop off and on as part of the tuner but I don't want to turn the dry amp on every time where I am not using it.

Is there a clever way to program the behaviour I want or do I just need to program wet/dry pages where the loop switches on/off with the tuner and have mono pages with no wet dry?

Is the Humdinger in an audio loop? You could create a macro or an IA that mutes your main output and the loop that goes to the Humdinger. Otherwise, if the Humdinger isn’t in a loop, you would need something similar but diffferent from the Humdinger that can be remotely muted either by midi or TRS using the function switch from the PBC. I have the Isolator from Goodwood Audio that does this, there may be other products that do the same thing.

Yeah the humdinger is in an audio loop.
If I setup an IA can it mute the audio loop in a way where when I finish tuning the loop unmutes but doesn't turn on or off?

My issue is that if I setup my tuner button to turn off the audio loop with the humdinger then when I finish tuning the off state of that button would need to be either that the audio loop (with the hd) comes back on, or stays off. Ideally if the humdinger loop was on before tuning it would stay on afterwards, and if if was off before tuning it would stay off. Does that make sense?

I’m not sure I totally understand the tuner situation because it doesn’t make sense that the guitar can go into it if the guitar and tuners are using separate inputs on the PBC.

It is tricky if the Humdinger loop’s default state isn’t always the same, and to my knowledge there’s no way to “remember” the prior state.

What if you rethink the signal flow a bit? If you’re wanting to mute to tune, maybe it doesn’t need to always be on? Then you could put the tuner somewhere before the Humdinger (or even before the PBC) and set the tuner so that when you kick it on, it mutes the signal going to the Humdinger and everything after it? I know it’s not your ideal/intended workflow, just trying to solve the problem with a workaround.

You can setup the PBC/6X to use the second input as a tuner send and that's what I've been doing to achieve the always on
You've got me thinking though

I'm using a Chase Bliss Automatone in my dry section and so I can set its output to 0; or set a preset on it that has 0 volume for when I'm tuning.
That would work I reckon - it would mean I'd have to pick a default preset to "return to" on the Automatone but that's not so inconvenient.

Thanks!

Back