PBC Preset send BPM info to Timeline

shuffle

Can I have a preset not only recall a Delay patch on my timeline, but have it send a BPM to the timeline to be automatically changed to. It would save me having to change preset and then tap tempo the time in.

IE say I have a delay on patch 01A on my timeline currently set to 88bpm
When I recall a certain preset on my PBC which uses this timelne patch, have it change the tempo to 95BPM for example.

Cheers

Yep. Turn on Midi clock in the MIDI settings and send the tempo you need. Can be done on either a preset or song basis depending on your needs.

Depending upon the firmware you have on the Timeline, this MIDI Clock feature can be turned on/off globally or per preset (on the newer firmware, it is done per preset)....so make sure you have it turned on so that the Timeline will respond to the Midi Clock.

Only bummer is, the Timeline doesn't do decimal tempos via Midi Clock (ie, it can do 88 BPM and can do 89 BPM, but can't do 88.5). This isn't an issue for most people I guess, but just keep that in mind.

Thanks for the reply thats great to know. I'm still not sure how to achieve it yet. I have turned on midi clock, and went to my presets and saw a tab called 'Preset Actions'. From here I can't figure out how to send a BPM though. I've tried a few options but no love!

Cheers

Okay I figured it out - there's s tempo box!

For some reason all the other PBC presets for that song are changing to that tempo too though, even though they are recalling different Timeline presets.

I the other presets set to 'same' which says 'Dont change tempo' in the mouse rollover box.

IE:
Preset 1 for my song recalls timeline delay 11A at 133bpm
Preset 2 for my song recalls timeline 12B and sets it to 95bpm
When I return to preset 1, the Timeline now changes 11A to 96BPM also. But I don't want that delay to change tempo

Any thoughts?

Is your example above what you want it to do, or what it is doing? If you want all tempos inside the song to be the same, change the preset tempos to Song and set the tempo under the song tab instead of per preset.

I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to do but do both presets have a tempo set to them? That should be all you need. There's also a setting on the Timeline *per preset* to respond to midi clock or not.

"Same" means "keep sending the same tempo from the previously selected song or preset"

If you want to use the Timeline's internal tempo for a preset, you need to set the PBC's tempo to Off, so it doesn't send any MIDI clock at all. Also, as mentioned above, turning off MIDI Clock on a Timeline preset would be a good option, perhaps even more reliable.

Thanks for all the replies - I haven't quite nailed it yet, but I'm getting there. I'll let you know how I go once I spend more time wrapping my head around the above replies.

Cheers!

Back