PBC tap output?

middle_pickup

I know that you are able to send midi clock to your time based effects, but what about pedals with older analog style tap inputs? Could the Mastermind PBC somehow send tap info to my Deluxe Memory Man tap tempo? I just watched that new hour long video from that nice German, and I think he mentioned this feature. If so that would be amazing!

Not yet, although I am going to add that feature in a future release, hopefully the next one.

Two things.

First off, thank you for pioneering this whole switching game. You are obviously very committed to delivering your best product. That excellence does not go unnoticed!

Secondly, with all these cool extra functions you are building into the PBC we are going to run out of function outputs really fast. I personally have a Strymon Deco, a Flint, and a Deluxe Memory Man that I want to control with the PBC. I'm assuming that we could use one of your Amp Gizmo's, or a Mini Amp Gizmo to add more function switches to your PBC rigs? These are the same outputs, right?

Yes you can always add a Switch Gizmo, Mini Amp Gizmo or Amp Gizmo to expand the number of available function switch outputs.

A whole lot of people have been asking for this feature, so I will make sure that analog tap tempo is included in 3.0, which I'm working on now. I'm not sure how long it's going to take to finish 3.0, but it will be at least 3-4 weeks, I suspect. Lots of changes to implement...

A whole lot of people have been asking for this feature, so I will make sure that analog tap tempo is included in 3.0, which I'm working on now. I'm not sure how long it's going to take to finish 3.0, but it will be at least 3-4 weeks, I suspect. Lots of changes to implement...

Has this feature been released yet? If so how do I set it up?

Thanks!

I was able to set this up with my JHS Panther Cub and it works. However once it sends a tempo command, it ends up disabling the modulation on the Panther Cub. Is that supposed to happen? Any way to avoid that?

Thanks

I was able to set this up with my JHS Panther Cub and it works. However once it sends a tempo command, it ends up disabling the modulation on the Panther Cub. Is that supposed to happen? Any way to avoid that?

Thanks
Sounds like your pedal is setup for expression control over the modulation parameters, and the midi clock message is causing it to set to zero. I'm not sure how to clear the expression pedal assignments (a quick search didn't reveal anything), but I would think clearing those would fix that.

Good to know the tap part works, though! I've got my Panther Cub sitting on my desk staring at me. Problem is I'd have to take my DMM off to put it on the board!

According to JHS the Panther Cub uses a Normally Open tap switch, so if you are trying to send a Normally Closed signal (Boss is most commonly a Normally Closed signal), the Cub will go into program mode. From what I can see it looks like the PBC signal is putting the pedal into program mode as the tap stops blinking. Once in program mode the Mod, Ration Time and Mod Speed knobs are disabled. Wondering if there is any way to alter the signal coming from the PBC so it is Normally Open vs. Normally closed.

According to JHS the Panther Cub uses a Normally Open tap switch, so if you are trying to send a Normally Closed signal (Boss is most commonly a Normally Closed signal), the Cub will go into program mode. From what I can see it looks like the PBC signal is putting the pedal into program mode as the tap stops blinking. Once in program mode the Mod, Ration Time and Mod Speed knobs are disabled. Wondering if there is any way to alter the signal coming from the PBC so it is Normally Open vs. Normally closed.

The Invert setting on each function switch determines whether it's normally open or normally closed.

Ive never used the Carbon Copy, but one thing to check is the number of taps. Increase the number of taps by one and see if it helps any.

Yes, I did try that with no luck. I don't recall if I need a TRS cable or a TS, or if it even matters.
So far nothing I've tried has worked. At best, the CC delay tempo light went off for a second or 2 then came back on at the original tempo. I'm going to try the Disaster Area Smartclock next and send midi clock to it through my Timeline.

Resurrecting this old thread... to send Analog Tap Tempo to my DMM TT would I need a TS cable or TRS cable from the function switch to the DMM's tap sw input?

Back