PBC Tap Tempo Wont Go Low Enough for Tonal Recall Slow Delay Time

sjgam

I set up the function button on PBC as tap tempo and used the RJM editor to edit the button with drop-down menu and select Tonal Recall Tap Tempo. With this selection, the RJM editor sets function switch up as momentary switch sending PC# 93 which TR requires for tap tempo. And it works.

But even with the slowest tap I do, still the delay on the TR is quite quick. I have to manually turn the Time knob on the TR to get the slow delay time. And if I go any slower on taps it doesn't register as a tap.

Any guidance?

Out of curiosity is there a setting in RJM editor that allows you to tap even slower and still be recognized as a tap (so not time out so quickly)?

Are you using CC messages or MIDI clock to implement your tap? If the former, the GT just sends each button press to the pedal, it doesn't care about how far apart the presses are spaced. The pedal will have to be the one deciding whether a tap is valid or not. If doing MIDI clock, I'm pretty sure that it can handle taps up to 2 seconds apart, which is well above the max delay time on a Tonal Recall.

Are you using CC messages or MIDI clock to implement your tap? If the former, the GT just sends each button press to the pedal, it doesn't care about how far apart the presses are spaced. The pedal will have to be the one deciding whether a tap is valid or not. If doing MIDI clock, I'm pretty sure that it can handle taps up to 2 seconds apart, which is well above the max delay time on a Tonal Recall.
Oh interesting. As I mentioned, I am using CC 93. I am using what you have set up in the RJM editor for the TR device. So with TR device set up, I simply right button click the function button on the global page and select TR tap temp from the drop down menu. The way you set it up, I believe this selection turns the function button into a momentary switch sending 127 value on CC 93.

Yes, that's all correct. Doing it this way relies on the Tonal Recall to make all the decisions about how taps are processed. You probably should try the built in tap button to see if it behaves the same way. And, then probably talk to Joel and/or Paul at Chase Bliss to see if they have any insight.

Yes, that's all correct. Doing it this way relies on the Tonal Recall to make all the decisions about how taps are processed. You probably should try the built in tap button to see if it behaves the same way. And, then probably talk to Joel and/or Paul at Chase Bliss to see if they have any insight.

Mystery solved - you have the Edit Button Drop Down Selection for Tonal Recall Tap Tempo set up slightly incorrectly. You have the Off set at a value of zero. It needs to be None. The TR sees any tap of any value including zero as a tap so with Off set as Zero you are double tapping the rate. Now with Off set as None, PBC Function Tap Tempo button behaves the same as the TR Tap Tempo button and I can get the slowest delay time tapping on the PBC function button.

You should change the Preload TR device setting on the RJM editor so others wont get this.

Back