PBC6X - mono in stereo out pedals

cuterigs

Hey, @rjmmusic and everyone!

I have a customer that wants to get a PBC6X. He has an EHX Pitchfork Plus pedal that has two outputs. He wants to be able to run one pitch to one amp while the other amp is dry or two pitches, one to each amp.

The Pitchfork + has a single mono input and then a main output along with an "aux" output that can be assigned to different effects in the pedal.

Could this be setup with the PBC6X? Would it just be Loop 6 (for example) send with a mono cable to the pedal in, then TRS insert cable on the return? Would the main output (wired to tip of an insert cable) go only to left and the aux output (wired to ring of an insert cable) only go to right? Or are outputs maybe assignable?

Thanks for any help!
jg

Outputs are not assignable, what goes into the tip of the loop return will come out the tip of the output jack, and what goes to the ring of the loop return will come out the ring of the output jack. Just make sure that you set the mono and stereo settings to match the actual wiring you have.

Outputs are not assignable, what goes into the tip of the loop return will come out the tip of the output jack, and what goes to the ring of the loop return will come out the ring of the output jack. Just make sure that you set the mono and stereo settings to match the actual wiring you have.
Thank you @rjmmusic ! That makes sense.

Do I need to make any special cable for the send or is a mono TS send cable good to go along with a TRS insert cable for return?

On a PBC/6X all you need are standard mono, TRS or insert cables. The global audio settings take care of the rest.

One more question here for @rjmmusic . So they want the Pitchfork Plus (mono in, Main out has effects and Aux out has dry output) in loops before two mono DD3's.

So they want the Main out of the pitchfork plus to go out to amp A and the dry out to Amp B, then the DD3's in their own loops out of Amp A.

Will this always remove the Pitchfork Plus "aux" channel (in a stereo return, connected to Ring) coming out of amp B when turning on the mono DD3 after it?

So for example:
Loop 4 stereo send (only tip is connected) to Pitchfork Plus Input
Pitchfork Plus Main Out to Loop 4 stereo return (connected to tip)
Pitchfork Plus Aux Out to Loop 4 stereo return (connected to Ring)
Loop 5 stereo send (only tip is connected) to DD3 In
Loop 5 stereo return (only tip is connected) to DD3 Out
Main out set to stereo to two amps

is this going to lose one side of the pitchfork when I turn on the DD3? if so, is there any kind of work around like a special cable I can make? maybe I can connect the loop 5 send ring directly to the return ring with a short cable, with the tips going to the DD3 and back?

thank you!

You will definitely lose one side of the signal if you run it into a mono pedal. You might be better off running the dry output of the pedal directly into the second amp's input.

Back