Pedal Case/Rack Design...

MAXIMUM

This is my first post, after following this forum for about a month now. I am not a performing musician, but recently I have embarked on the slippery slope of pedal addiction. I have more of a studio background and was looking for a way to create a usable guitar effect pedal display at home. When I stumbled across the Mastermind GT…I knew that would be the ticket!
So this past week I ordered up a GT/16, Rack Gizmo, and an Effect Gizmo. The only problem is because I am currently in the middle of an all-expenses paid trip to Afghanistan…I had to arrange the shipment for September. This may work to the advantage of my obsessive compulsive attributes. I have spent the last couple days using SketchUp to design a rack display…which led to a pedalboard…which led to a design for a completely new setup for a streamlined home studio workstation. Obsessive was the key word!

So here are a few pictures from SketchUp…this is a work in progress as most of the pedals I used in my initial design were graphics that I was able to find in the 3D Warehouse. The main project items will be built out of solid Cherry…with other pieces made of black stained and lacquered Baltic Birch. There are still 6 months for changes…so let me know if my plans are missing any key design features.

Studio%20Desk%2012.jpg

Studio%20Desk%2005.jpg

Studio%20Desk%2014.jpg

Studio%20Desk%2015.jpg

Studio%20Desk%2016.jpg

Studio%20Desk%2017.jpg

Pedalboard%2001.jpg

Pedalboard%2002.jpg

Pedalboard%2003.jpg

Pedalboard%2004.jpg

The gear that I have…or plan to have by the time I return home…and the chain order is as follows.

EFFECT GIZMO:
S1/R1 – Reserved for a Wah (any thoughts on the Prostage Remote Wah Wah?)
S2/R2 – Blackstone MOSFET OD
S3/R3 – Keeley C4 Compressor
S4/R4 – Hartman Analog Flanger
S5/R5 – Analogman King of Tone (yellow)
S6/R6 – Analogman King of Tone (red)
S7/R7 – Lovepedal Eternity
S8/R8 – Ibanez TS808
OUT5-8 – IN9
S9/R9 – Red Witch Medusa (stereo return???)
OUT9 – CS/IN
S10/R10 – OPEN
CS/OUT – IN11
S11 – Amp1 input
OUT11 – IN12
S12 – Amp2 input

RACK GIZMO (FULL STEREO):
Amp1 Send/Amp2 Send – IN1-4 (STEREO)
S1/R1(STEREO?) – Mission Eng VM-PRO (Can I do this? Or do I need two Volume Pedals?)
S2/R2(STEREO) – Eventide H9
S3/R3(STEREO) – Strymon Timeline
S4/R4(STEREO) – Strymon Bigsky
OUT1-4 – IN8
5-7 – OPEN
OUT8 – Amp1/Amp2 FX return

I’m thinking about adding a Pigtronix Infinity into the chain (I/O 7)…like you see in the Pedalboard picture above. I pretty sure the Infinity could be run by the MMGT…but I am thinking that I would like to run it directly located at the pedalboard. I also know the Timeline can do loops…but the Infinity seems more extensive. I’m open to suggestions here too.

I guess that is all I have on my mind right now…just can’t wait to get back home to start setting this rig up!

Steve

Back