Phantom Power Axe FX II vs III

MarkX

A few weeks ago I bought a MMGT10 and DIN7F (one input) for my Axe FX II XL, but decided to order the Axe FX yesterday after getting an order invitation right as they announced adding the JP-2C amp. Reading through the manuals it looks like I may have a problem.

Would I be able to use my existing DIN7F and 7 pin Midi cable or do I needed to order the DIN7F (two input) or BTPA AS-MSTRMBIP-XX?

Would it be possible to just add a separate 5 pin (active) midi cable I already have?

The Axe-Fx III's MIDI support is quite a bit different from the II. You can use the existing cable and phantom power box, but you would need to add another cable from GT Remote In to Axe-Fx MIDI Output to get full functionality. The 2 input phantom power box or phantom power cable would also do the job while still needing only one cable connected to the GT.

The Axe-Fx III's MIDI support is quite a bit different from the II. You can use the existing cable and phantom power box, but you would need to add another cable from GT Remote In to Axe-Fx MIDI Output to get full functionality. The 2 input phantom power box or phantom power cable would also do the job while still needing only one cable connected to the GT.

Thanks for confirming. Ordered the 2 input box and another 5 pin midi cable. Thanks for your help.

Back