please help a new user- "timeout while waiting for response"

kurtr2

i also tried connecting the two devices in every combination: GT out- AXE in, AXE out to GT in, GT-AXE both in and out, with several different cables.

no joy...

thx,
k

Re: please help a new user- "timeout while waiting for respo

sorry, first post got deleted somehow....

I am trying to get preset names from my Axe-Fx Ultra. midi channel is set, tried every combination of connections and with different midi cables, but i always get the message: "timeout while waiting for response"

any suggestions of what i might be missing?

thanks,
Kurt

port on the MMGT for the axe fx is "MIDI OUT"

my axe-fx is not responding to any midi input all of a sudden.... damn, i have a gig on monday, and will fly to nyc to pick up my axe-fx 2 on sunday. i hope it works!

good evening,
kurt

Make sure you are using a 5 pin midi cable that has all 5 pins wired (many midi cables are 5 pin but only 3 conductor) Check you cable to be sure.

yes my midi cables are all 5 pin.

So the two units are supposed to communicate back and forth using one 5 pin midi cable plugged from MMGT out to Axe-Fx in, correct? I have achieved one way communication from MMGT to Axe-Fx, but not getting anything back from the Axe-Fx.

my settings for the Ultra in MMGT:
Midi CH: 1
Port: midi out
Bank Type: MSB
Max Bank: 2
CC on Prst: off
Send PC: on
SndRdunPC: off
Ignore PC In: off
Ignore CC In: off

Also, on the MMGT when i Assign buttons I am only able to select the 1st block of every effect, for example i can only assign Reverb 1, but not Reverb 2.

any help is greatly appreciated, I have a gig on monday.....

thanks,
Kurt

I don't have an Ultra any longer to check. Check to see if Bi-Directional Midi is turned on on the MMGT. Hold both soft buttons until the setup screen appears. The button you're looking for is called MIDI Bidir. Should be middle of the board one button row from the bottom. Make sure it is set to "ON"

SOLVED: well sort of, at least now I know the problem:

My Ultra is not sending midi out at all, neither the out nor thru jacks....

sorry bout that....

k

Isn't there a setting on the Ultra to send realtime sysex? There is on the II but its been too long since I've looked at the Ultra

Just had the same issue. Brand new midi cable. I ordered with 5 pins wired but maybe order was messed up. Swapped cable for old one and viola reading preset names. I am hoping by end of today I will have the MFC disconnected and use GT for all of the PC and CC on axe, will need my FBV connected for a while for volume/wah on POD. Should get mission pedal this week and will work on that.

The GT is a decent amount bigger than just MFC but when replacing MFC and FBV, smaller footprint and way more versatile. Loving the GT so far. . .and it will only get better.

Back