Portable B-rig (First time building a rig)

Hey everyone, My name is JB Brubaker and I play guitar in the band August Burns Red. I needed a small portable b-rig to take on fly shows/international stuff. I'm a beginner to rig building, but have really taken an interest in it and I am trying to learn as much as I can. With that being said my rig is really simple compared to most on this board but it was still a bit of a struggle for me to put together. hah Big thanks to Ron for helping me troubleshoot my ground loop issues, which were simply being caused by me daisy chaining some pedals together. Oof! Lesson learned.

I play either Peavey 6505 or 6505+ amps and Mesa Boogie cabs. I'm using the RG-16 to control 8 pedals and obviously my amp channels. I'm using a Mastermind as my midi controller. My guitars are Ibanez RGA121s.

The pedals I'm using are T-Rex Comp Nova, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, T-Rex Octavius, and in the FX loop I have a Boss RV-5, Boss DD-7, T-Rex Tonebug Chorus/Flanger, and a T-Rex Tremster. I'm powering them with a VooDoo Lab Pedal Power 2. All my cables were made with the Planet Waves solderless cable kit.

brig1.jpg

brig2.jpg

brig3.jpg

brig4.jpg

My wiring is a mess compared to most on here. I have yet to zip tie stuff together. I'll also be building a patch bay which should clean things up a bit.

brig5.jpg

I made a wiring diagram for fun. This is unfortunately the only way I understand how to wire an RG-16. I was looking at some other diagrams on here and was blown away. One question I had was how would I put more than 4 pedals in the fx loop? I was under the impression that loops 5-8 were the only ones that could be used in the FX loop but I now know that's false.

brigsmall.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to check this out!

Back