Preset Second Press To Switch Between Axe Fx III Scenes By Treating GT Presets As Scenes Themselves

luca9583

Hi Ron

Quick question regarding preset second press and the Axe III.

Let's say i setup each Axe III preset to be a "Song" (ie a virtual rig with various scenes and channels for that song only).

In order to change from one Axe scene to another within a GT Preset using Preset Second Press, would the workaround be to create several GT Presets each with different scene selections for a single Axe preset?

I'm thinking about this method in order to minimize switching speed on the Axe III as opposed to having multiple Axe presets per song.

Furthermore, would i be able to setup a Song in the GT itself to send the initial PC message to the Axe when the Song is selected, so that when the GT "Scene Presets" are selected, no PC message is sent to the Axe? Or is there a way to simply not send a PC message to a given device on a given GT preset?

Yes, that's all correct. If you're setting things up so that each song is an Axe-Fx preset, then just edit your GT presets to do what you want. You can specify the preset number (or None), and scene number that the GT calls up on the Axe-Fx for each GT preset.

I take that back, you can't tell the GT to send a scene but not a program change (guess I need to fix that). But, if you turn on Ignore Redundant PCs on the Axe-Fx, then it won't matter that the GT sends a PC number each time you select a scene. The Axe-Fx will ignore the PC message if it's selecting the preset that the Axe-Fx is already on.

Back