Preset/Song Exporting

You've been able to do this for a couple of years at least....although it's not as user friendly as we'd all like.

Go to File->Export and choose what you'd like to export. It will then put that stuff (and only that stuff) in a new .rjs file. The trick is...if you export say presets 1-10, it will create a blank file with presets 1-10 in it (loops that are on, etc). The way you Import, is to have your current file open, and then go to File->Open and choose the file where the saved export is. When you do that, it is going to replace your current Presets 1-10 with the ones from the export. You CANNOT (at least that I'm aware of) choose to put them in 101-110 for example. You would have to close everything, open the file where the 1-10 is, manually move them to 101-110, save that...and then do the process I said above (open current file, and then open the exported file).

Bottom line...frankly it's a pain. If you're just running out of room and would like to save settings just for future use...just keep copies of your .rjs file periodically. I save mine with the date in the title such as "RJM PBC 20190330" would be today's file. Then just overwrite the stuff you haven't used in forever. If you ever need to put it back, you can open the old file, look at what you did for a particular song (probably no more than 5-6 presets anyways) and recreate it if needed. If you're like me, you're probably not going to go back to some OOOOLLLLD song anyways. (Haha, I watch you on YouTube all the time...if your church is like mine, you're unlikely to ever play Hillsong's Forever Reign again...let's be honest). But, I totally understand wanting to keep a copy, so I'd just keep a file with the date on it, and do that periodically, that way you always have a copy of what you may (or may not) need in the future.

In my opinion, trying to use the export/import the way it currently works is just too risky. You could easily overwrite settings you do not want to (be it presets, songs, whatever). Unless someone tells me that I'm nuts and using it wrong, I believe that's how it works, and I'd rather just save a file for safe keeping. My 2 cents....

Back