Preset Tempos and H9

Mkuebbeler

So I have a few presets with different tempos and 2 different delays. The tempo will change on 1 delay, but never change on the H9. The only time I can change the H9s tempo is when I have a tap tempo switch setup. What am I missing here?

Make sure MIDI clock is enabled on the H9, then it will follow the tempo being sent from the PBC.

What are you sending Midi Clock from? The PBC or the other delay?

Not really sure how it all works. My 1 delay (DMMTT) is getting its tempo set by the BPM of the preset. That one works. I assumed the same would work with the H9, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I've got the PBC utilizing midi clock now. Seems to work with the H9. HOWEVER, should I tap in a new BPM, that BPM now overwrites any preset BPM when I change patches. How would I go about fixing that?

If you're going to use the PBC as a MIDI clock master, any presets set in the H9's presets will be ignored. You'll need to specify tempos for each preset or for each song in the PBC, and the H9 will follow them. When you tap a new tempo, the PBC and the H9 will follow it, and when you switch presets on the PBC, the PBC and H9 should switch to whatever tempo is set in that preset.

If you're going to use the PBC as a MIDI clock master, any presets set in the H9's presets will be ignored. You'll need to specify tempos for each preset or for each song in the PBC, and the H9 will follow them. When you tap a new tempo, the PBC and the H9 will follow it, and when you switch presets on the PBC, the PBC and H9 should switch to whatever tempo is set in that preset.

Thanks Ron. I “think” I’ve got it sounding right now.

Back