Problem with GT16

Andy Power

Just got it today but Im having a lot of issues with it.

It loses connection with external equipment - I have an Axe III and a Vocal harmonizer on MIDI chan 2 which the GT is very erratic sometimes it works with it then just stops??

The biggest worry it ALL but one or two lights go off?? and this is quite concerning...... everything seems ok then all goes off? when I eventually get it back on - all the switches are wrong... drives are on with Scenes that should not be on same with the delay etc etc...

The main thong is the lack of comunication with the vocal harmonizer...I plugged my old FC in and both Axe II and Vocal harmonizer work fine.

Here they are, also tried a new MIDI cable but still nothing - the MIDI chan 2 doesnt even show in the AXE III ?

Attachments

• GT16 settings.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
You have the Vocalist set to Manufacturer:None. That disables the device. Set Manufacturer to Generic and it will start working.

You have a "Mastermind GT" device, on the same channel as the Axe-Fx. This will definitely cause problems. You only should have devices listed here that are being controlled by the GT. Go to the Mastermind GT device entry, set Manufacturer to None, and MIDI channel to None just for good measure.

Looks like you started creating your settings using an earlier version of the editor. Go to the devices tab, and change the Axe-Fx model to something other than "Axe-Fx III", then change it back to "Axe-Fx III". This will enable the "Poll State" option. Whether you want to use this is up to you. The question is, do you want the GT to reflect any changes made in the Axe-Fx or Axe-Edit in real time?

got one of them to work - still unable to get anything from the PC though?
did you see why it keeps resetting the Axe III to preset 0 -
Im really sorry for all of this... and really do appreciate your help...Im a guitarist not a prograsmmer which is why I would love to see a manual for the editer etc...
I will see if I can find a reason why PC's wont send out on MIDI 2
Im also wanting an externat momentery switch to switch in/out the harmonies but im giving up on that as Im not getting anywhere....I have done this before on other controllers with instant results but am really struggling here :(

Your 3rds only is set up strangely. The first step will send PC2 immediately followed by PC3, and there are no actions in the second step.

If you change the action list to look like this:

Vocalist PC off:None on:2
System / Step
Vocalist PC off:None on:3

It should send PCs correctly. Also turn on Send Redundant PCs in the Devices tab for the Vocalist. If that's turned off, it will never send the same PC number more than once in a row, which is probably part of the problem you were seeing.

There is an editor manual:
www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Great thank you - one last thing (well two)
I could not get the Scene Inc /Deinc to work (this is the setting I can use to level the scenes during a gig....enabling me to turn up/down scene and it automatically saves etc...
And it still resets to o when I edit anything.

Andy :)

Make sure that Scene Increment is set to CC25 and Decrement is set to CC24 in the Axe-Fx. That's how you have them set up in the GT, so they need to match in the Axe-Fx.

The revert to 0 thing is probably because you have no preset buttons configured. The GT stays on preset 1 at all times, because there's no way to switch to a different preset (on the GT). When you exit setup, it returns to the last GT preset you were on (preset 1), and selects the Axe-Fx preset specified in the GT preset (Axe-Fx preset 0). If you don't intend to select Axe-Fx presets using the GT, then you can turn off Send PC for the Axe-Fx in the Devices tab. That will prevent the GT from ever trying to select an Axe-Fx preset.

I followed your instructions on the Scene increment/decrement and set the Axe to 1 & 2 respectfully but nothing happens......

Should I go through all the CC's in the Axe and set them to 'none' do you think?

If I could get the Scene increment/decrement thats me done (for now anyway) :)

Ok, I'm not in front of an Axe-Fx III now, but will let you know when I get a chance to test.

If anyone else has had some experience setting up scene inc/dec, we'd love to hear from you!

Back