RG-16 buffer "noise"...

Danjel

I have a low "feed back/squeel" kinda noise when using the buffer in my RG-16. As soon as I go directly into the input however, the phenomenon disappears... any ideas of why this could be?

Ron mustn't have seen this yet for some reason. I know he's mad busy. At a guess, it's some kind of grounding issue (I have a similar problem with one of my pedals, which just needs a lead fixing), but I couldn't be certain.

I'm not sure what that could be. As Martin mentioned, there could be an issue with the leads you're using. A bad ground could cause that. Also, you might want to check the gain control inside the RG-16. It's normally set to unity gain, but if it's turned up, there might be enough gain to cause feedback.

Hmmm. The leads I know are ok. Expensive as all hell too...
The unit is new from the store. Dont think it has been opened. If I do open it, will I see the gain controll and know if it is set to unity?

A Wampler Ego Compressor, Phase 90, BB Pre Midboost, Maxxon TS808 (in that order). Thats it. They dont need to be activated for the noice to be heard. As soon as the buffer is used, the squeel kicks in.

The gain control is a little blue circular thing in between the front panel input and the buffer jacks. Next to it, it says "Buffer Gain ->" on the circuit board. It needs to be turned fully counter-clockwise (towards the "B" in Buffer Gain).

Where did you buy this RG-16 from?

Back