RG-16 GT-10 preamp effect loop?

Bwildly

I have scoured this forum for a close enough set up, that I could use in my rig, no luck :cry:

GT-10 (4 cable method)
Cry baby (in front)
MXR Fullbore (in front)
BBE (in stereo)
Marshall TSL100 (RG-16 controlling amp channels)
Marshall 9200

Here's my problem...
Still using distortions and over drives in the GT-10, I need that part of it in front of the amps...
But I need to use the natural tube distortion of the TSL100 so it supports the Marshall 9200. So the
Same natural distortion comes out of both amps.
One more problem... I need all of the signal path to end up coming out of the GT-10 because I have it
As a dual signal (35 millisecond split)
Please tell me it's possible :cool:
Does anyone have ideas on how I can set this rig up?
Thanking you in advance

Start with the RG-16 / Axe-Fx diagram. That shows how to handle the 4-cable method in a way that allows you to use both the amp and processor distortion.

Attachments

• RG-16_AXE.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 166
Thank you for your reply...
But I'm running two amps in stereo, and I would like to use the tube distortion from my TSL100 to be I front of
My other amp (Marshall 9200).
So what I think, is having my pre amp running through my effects loop of my GT-10 so
I can produce a stereo signal out with both the same tube distortions.
I'm hoping I'm explaining it right? My Marshall 9200 does not have an overdrive channel.
And need the distortion from one, to supply both in stereo.

Is it better to run a compressor in mono in the very front, or stereo at the very end? (BBE maximizer)

Make sure you keep an impedence infront of the TSL output transformer when you take the fx send to the 9200. Otherwise you will burn out the output transformer.

I have the exact same setup, and I cannot imagine why you would need more than the TSL's 100Watt output. The 9200 is enough to run a stadium.

Thank you for your reply...
I'm using the diagram posted in this post... But I used the right side output of the GT-10
To utilize the stereo signal into the (6 input) and out into the 9200 amp. So I can have
Control of the second amp. This is the only way I (newbie) can make the system work.
Having the tsl preamp going through the GT-10... Is there a better setup?

And for having the Marshall 9200, I did a lot of research on this amp, and loved the sound.
And for the fact they don't make these amps any more, makes it even more interesting.
With having the dual mono in the 9200, I have a spare amp on stage in case one of the others goes up in smoke.
And yes, it's a very very strong amp, and weighs a ton :)

Back