Saving Chase Bliss Presets

Mike

I have mu PBC working with the Chase Bliss Tonal. Can someone give me the process to save Presets with the PBC?

There are videos on YouTube showing how this is done with the ES8 but not the PBC.
Thanks

There are a few ways to do it. Probably the easiest way is to use the editor software:

- Go to the Devices tab, select the first unused device slot, then set Manufacturer to Chase Bliss and Model to Tonal Recall. Make sure the MIDI channel is set correctly (the PBC will use the factory default setting for the pedal's MIDI channel, so you probably won't have to change it, but it's best to check anyway).

- Then in the Presets tab, select a preset in the left column, then go to the PC Messages section of the screen. Under Tonal Recall, edit the PC number to set it to the desired preset number. You can repeat this step for each PBC preset.

You can also do it by editing on the PBC itself - the Edit Devices and Edit Presets menus correspond to the Devices and Presets tab in the editor.

The third method is to assign Device PC - and PC + buttons to control the pedal. This takes more setup up front, but once set up you don't have to use the editor or setup menus - you can just do it with button presses. I did a video with the Strymon Timeline - if you ignore the part about the looper, the part that sets up the PC buttons will apply to controlling the Tonal Recall pedal. You can find the video here:
[URL='https://i.ytimg.com/vi/x7gq4vxRbcw/hqdefault.jpg'] Controlling Strymon Timeline[/URL]

We just got in a bunch of Chase Bliss pedals, so we should be able to come up with a video specific to that brand in the not too distant future.

Thanks.....

The only thing I to figure out is how to assign the Preset Numbers to the CB Pedal. I think the PBC needs to sen the PC Change while pressing a pedal button combo on the pedal. That way, the pedal knows to store the Preset as a Preset Number of 1-122.

Will try it this weekend.
Thanks as always

Mike

Ah, ok, I see what you mean. Whichever method you use, you can get it to work. Do the setup on the PBC first. Let's say there are four presets you need on the Tonal Recall. Set up four presets on the PBC, each of which sends a different PC number on the Tonal Recall. Then, select a preset on the PBC and do your programming on the Tonal Recall. The act of selecting the PBC preset will send a PC message to the pedal, telling it where to store the settings.

I was just going to ask about this...

I've setup my LT to "resend" on preset 2nd press and set each of my cba pedals in devices to send redundant PCs to on.

This way I just hold down both buttons on the cba pedal and press the current preset.

It would be nice if there was a "send current pc button"

I was just going to ask about this...

I've setup my LT to "resend" on preset 2nd press and set each of my cba pedals in devices to send redundant PCs to on.

This way I just hold down both buttons on the cba pedal and press the current preset.

It would be nice if there was a "send current pc button"

@rjmmusic is there a way to program a button to resend the current pc number to a device?

Having just got a Chase Bliss Brothers and Tonal Recall myself (linked to a Mastermind LT) I was sort of struggling with this as well. I cheekily suggested to Joel that Ron should make an editor for Chase Bliss boxes :D

I can't get this to work. I have the chase bliss tonal recall pedal and the midi is working since I can assign preset 1 and 2 to a preset.... but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to save a preset. The instructions say to hold down tap and preset while sending the PC change. I'm guessing it's a timing thing but How can I send the change and hold down the buttons at the same time? Can I toggle between presets while holding the buttons on the pedal down? Confusing.....

Ok, I think I figured this thing out. So, if I want to save a preset on the tonal recall pedal the first thing I have to do is assign the PC# to the preset on the PBC....Then I setup the preset..... let's say preset 5 on the PBC is setup for midi preset 5 on the tonal recall, I go to another preset on the PBC, put the tonal recall in the live mode (middle position) make my preset and then while holding down the tap and bypass button I press preset 5 on the PBC...The LED will flash on the tonal recall pedal and the preset is now stored......
It also seems that if there is nothing stored in a preset on the tonal recall it just stays on the previous preset when you go to another preset on the PBC.....Would be nice to have a default of 0 instead of every preset to be incremental....

Ok, I think I figured this thing out. So, if I want to save a preset on the tonal recall pedal the first thing I have to do is assign the PC# to the preset on the PBC....Then I setup the preset..... let's say preset 5 on the PBC is setup for midi preset 5 on the tonal recall, I go to another preset on the PBC, put the tonal recall in the live mode (middle position) make my preset and then while holding down the tap and bypass button I press preset 5 on the PBC...The LED will flash on the tonal recall pedal and the preset is now stored......
It also seems that if there is nothing stored in a preset on the tonal recall it just stays on the previous preset when you go to another preset on the PBC.....Would be nice to have a default of 0 instead of every preset to be incremental....

You can set the cba to "send redundant pc messages" in the device tab and set resend on second preset press.

This will allow you to save by pressing the current preset button while holding the the two footswitches on the cba pedal.

You can set the cba to "send redundant pc messages" in the device tab and set resend on second preset press.

This will allow you to save by pressing the current preset button while holding the the two footswitches on the cba pedal.

Thanks.....Not sure this will work being that I already have second preset press assigned to amp channel switching.

Thanks.....Not sure this will work being that I already have second preset press assigned to amp channel switching.

Ok another thing you can do is assign a hold function a button to resend the current pc number. I believe you find that under the system ia menu.

Back