set tap tempo to multiple presets?

jaguar

Hi,
I have the MMLT set with 4 presets:
Clean
Crunch
Heavy
Lead

I'm controlling an amp which has built in delay. It can receive tap tempo over CCs and that's working fine.
By default, I only have delay in Lead.
On some songs, I'd have delay in Heavy. No problem, with IA I turn on the delay and use tap tempo.
However, when I go to Lead, it goes to the originally set tempo. So I need to send tap tempo again.

Would there be a way so I can set tap tempo and it's valid for all four presets? I guess on preset change it could send the tap tempo via auto tap. However, can the tap tempo be stored somewhere? Or would there be workarounds for this?

Thanks in advance for any info,

PS: I saw a video with the cool feature to send a tap tempo to multiple devices. As I understood, a tempo needs to be stored in the preset. This is what will be sent to one, or multiple devices. We don't play with a click track. So, altough it would get me in the ballpark, it's not what I'm looking for. Basically I have four main sounds, I'd like to tap tempo for a song, and then that each preset keeps that tempo.

A lot of this depends on the pedal. Does it automatically reset any tempo tapped when you change presets on it?

If you set it up for auto tap, then you can use an IA Store button to store any tempo you've just tapped.

Thanks. It's a delay integrated on an amp, so not much info on the manual. From what I remember, if I use tap tempo and then change preset, the delay on the new patch will be as in the knobs. But I'll make some tests to be sure.

I'll look into the IA Store button option too. Had not heard about it.

I did some tests. It seems that even with a patch change, the tap tempo which was set remains. So, no need to store or record the tempo.
Usually what I do is that when the song starts I tap the tempo so when I put the lead patch it's already set. It seems to work fine.

The think I did, was that I added a two button external footswitch. One is for delay on/off, the other for tap tempo. So, I don't need to change page to IA to do that.

So, it's doing all I want it to.
Thanks for the tips.

Back