Solved- Never mind

Hunter

Solved! I can't delete the post so it turns out that the 7 pin cable that tests good on my ohmmeter doesn't work when plugged in. Not sure what that's all about but it's the most expensive cable in my rig and the cheap plastic ones I keep on hand are still going strong even after many years.
Everything had been working fine with my Axe 3 and MMGT 16 the last few weeks once I got it all set up until today- I didn't change anything but the MMGT stopped sending and responding this morning. It kind of came and went- at times everything worked fine when I rebooted the Axe and MMGT but would stop responding in a few minutes so I changed out my midi cables for different ones and took the midi phantom power splitter box out of the chain so it's on two 5 pin midi cables now direct to the Axe and is powered by the adapter directly too. The Axe3 will change presets now from the MMGT but nothing that happens on it or through Axe Edit will go back to the MMGT, including the tuner. The tuner just gets a ?. I have checked continuity on all of the midi cables and the box and they are all fine. I didn't do any updates or change anything else other than port some presets over to the Axe through Fractool from my Axe 2 XL+ but have done that before with no problems. No other system settings were changed on either unit so I'm stumped. Any ideas? I also checked all the setup instructions for the Axe and all settings are intact. I've been working on the damn thing all day instead of playing and nothing works so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Hunter

Last edited:
Back