Song Reorder Problem

Matthew Terrado

Pretty sure this might be a bug in the editor, but I'm trying to organize my song list in alphabetical order to make it easier to search for songs but when I do so and put songs in a setlist, it gets all out of wack. For example, I'll put Songs B,C,D in a setlist and load it in my mastermind but songs E,B,C are loaded instead. It's as if the editor isn't actually moving the songs around, rather it's loading the song that was originally in that spot when I first made it before I reordered them. It shows that they're moved but obviously they're not. I ended up having to try to put all the songs back in their original spots when I first made them. Anyone else experience this?

See if it works any better when using "Send Settings to Device" instead of "Send Changes to Device" (assuming that you were using the latter.)

It has always done this to me if I reorder songs and then "send changes". If I use "send settings" like Ron suggested above then it fixes it all.

Ron, I know you've been super busy (and we appreciate that hard work for sure). Any chance we're going to get an editor update at some point? I know we've come up with several "bugs" (if you can call them that) and suggestions in the Wish List thread of things that would make it better. Will the new PBC 6X use the same editor? I don't plan on ditching my old PBC, but I'm just curious.

Any editor updates are on hold specifically because of the PBC/6X and all of the work that it entails. It uses the same editor, and a lot of changes are needed to accommodate the new features. It's in beta now for the few that have prototypes, but I'll try to get the Send Changes thing fixed in the final 4.2 release, and will try to scan through the bug list and see what can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. The big stuff (changing how songs and setlists are presented, iPad support, etc.) is still going to have to wait a while. New product releases are pretty time consuming.

Sending settings worked! Not a huge deal to me to have to send the settings rather than changes but it does take longer. Thanks for all you do Ron!

Back