Stereo Amps - Stereo Loop volume boost

Derek McCarthy

I'm still struggling with my stereo setup. I was running everything to the front of both of my amps and it all worked perfectly. In fact I loved the blend of the two amp tones together. But since the only pedals I really use are stereo Reverb/Delay/Chorus I want to get them in the FX loop to cut back on the noise from running them into the preamps.

From a lot of experimenting I've pretty much determined I sadly have to sacrifice the preamp of one of my amps in order to accomplish this. (If there's any way to retain both preamps and use both FX loops as well I'm all ears. Please.. anyone? :) )

In any case, I have my pedals working through the FX Loop of both amps now, using one preamp, and it sounds great. But I find as soon as I engage/disengage one or more of the Stereo Loops there's a significant volume boost/drop. It doesn't matter if the pedals themselves are engaged or not - it's engaging the loop on the PBC that's creating the volume boost.

Here's a brief rundown of my signal path. The only pedals in use are on the stereo loops (7-Mobius, 8-Timeline, 9-BigSky,10-Mimiq)/

Guitar -> PBC
PBC Out 5/6 -> Y Splitter -> Input Amp A, Input Amp B
Amp A FX Loop Send -> PBC In 7-10
Output A -> Amp A FX Loop Return
Output B -> Amp B FX Loop Return

I think I can live with this setup as long as I can figure out how to keep levels consistent, whether the stereo loops are engaged or not.. as it is the difference in levels are way too significant to be usable)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back