STOMP BOX Mode Cycle Buttons

EVHGuy1111

So…

I’m trying to build a “STOMP BOX” Mode with cycle buttons on a specific page.

I have m EVH 515OIII 5Ow channels on a cycle button… and it works. It cycles through the 3 channels I have it mapped to.

I have 8 stomp box pedals in my MEGX… but when I put them on cycle buttons they don’t seem to cycle through each step… they seem to add and never be taken out of the signal path and create a swelling of all my pedals.

What do I need to do to have the cycle button cycle to a pedal in each step and turn off when the cycle button moves to the next step?

You have to explicitly turn off a loop then turn on the next one

MEGX : Loop 4 / CC Toggle off:0 on:0
MEGX : Loop 1 / CC Toggle off:0 on:127
System / Step
MEGX : Loop 1 / CC Toggle off:0 on:0
MEGX : Loop 2 / CC Toggle off:0 on:127
System / Step
MEGX : Loop 2 / CC Toggle off:0 on:0
MEGX : Loop 3 / CC Toggle off:0 on:127
System / Step
MEGX : Loop 3 / CC Toggle off:0 on:0
MEGX : Loop 4 / CC Toggle off:0 on:127

System / Step
System / Step
System / Step
FANTASTIC!

Got it working!

Now, I added a momentary hold function to each of these buttons to add a pedal to the chain and have the light color change when held to indicate the pedal is added. I added the "on color" to the hold function but it's not changing color when I hold the button.

Am I missing something or does this function not work with the cycle buttons?

System / Step
System / Step
System / Step
Also, since I have more pedals than can fit in the cycle buttons I have 2 buttons with the same pedals in case I want to have 2 pedals in the chain that are in the same cycle button.

Is there a way to automate these duplicate buttons so I can't put the same pedal in the signal chain twice?

FANTASTIC!

Got it working!

Now, I added a momentary hold function to each of these buttons to add a pedal to the chain and have the light color change when held to indicate the pedal is added. I added the "on color" to the hold function but it's not changing color when I hold the button.

Am I missing something or does this function not work with the cycle buttons?
Not sure, will have to look into it.

Also, since I have more pedals than can fit in the cycle buttons I have 2 buttons with the same pedals in case I want to have 2 pedals in the chain that are in the same cycle button.

Is there a way to automate these duplicate buttons so I can't put the same pedal in the signal chain twice?
Sorry, it has to be done manually.

If you find that you're setting up multiple cycle buttons, you might be better off just creating a bunch of buttons that turn on individual loops and group them so that turning one button on will turn the others off.

Sorry, it has to be done manually.

If you find that you're setting up multiple cycle buttons, you might be better off just creating a bunch of buttons that turn on individual loops and group them so that turning one button on will turn the others off.
If I choose to keep the setup with multiple duplicate cycle buttons… if I have 2 cycle buttons on the same pedal will it hurt the system or my amp/equipment?

Back