Strange hold behavior

franktree

I'm using a PBC10 and am having a strange hold behavior. I've programmed the PBC so that certain buttons have a certainly functionality when I press them--for instance, calling up a preset--and then when I hold them, it jumps to a specific page I've programmed for my different devices. So holding one button will go to a page for my MIDI delay pedal, where I can choose between pedal presets via MIDI, and when I hold another button, it does the same, but for my MIDI reverb pedal. Each of these pages are similarly programmed so that when I press one of the buttons, it selects a pedal preset, and when I hold the button, it goes to a different page. This makes navigation around the different pages pretty efficient.

The problem I'm having is that often, but I think not always, when I hold the button, the PBC will display the name of the page I want it to take me to, but it won't actually take me to the page. When I press and hold the button a second time, it will take me to the page.

Any idea what could be going on here? Obviously, I would like to jump to the page the first time I hold the button, not just the second time. Thanks!

The first time you're holding the button, you're turning it on, activating the Page action. The second time you hold it, you're turning it off, which does nothing.

Turn on the Momentary setting on the button's hold function. It will turn "on" every time you hold it, triggering a page change.

Back