Strymon Presets

cvor

Hi. I have a page setup to change to favorite presets on Strymon Mobius. When I change any RJM preset, it will change to a specified Mobius preset. Then I can navigate to a page and switch between some favorite Mobius presets. I noticed on a couple of RJM presets that it is not changing to the correct Mobius preset (on the page I set up not on initial change). No local page is set up. For the 2 RJM presets it isn't working on, the initial Mobius preset # is a very high # (196 for one of them). Can that have something to do with it? I don't really see anything that could cause this.

I think that was issue....I saw that max program change on Device tab is 127. I just copied the preset to a # within that range and worked. I noticed that I have other program changes using higher #s on other Strymon devices as well but haven't experienced an issue...although I don't have pages set up for them like this. Not sure I completely understand why it works in certain cases and other cases not....

Are you selecting the presets using the PC messages section of the Presets tab, or using button actions.

If using PC messages - make sure that Bank Support is set to MSB in the Devices section

If using actions - you shouldn't be able to specify PC numbers greater than 127. To access presets beyond 127, you need to send a bank select message. CC Toggle / Mobius CC#0 off:None on:1 followed by a PC action will effectively add 128 to your preset number. Sending a value of 2 instead of 1 will add 256 to your preset number.

For example, preset 196:
CC Toggle / Mobius CC#0 off:None on:1
PC / Mobius off:None on:68

Button actions is where I had the issue but I was getting to higher # presets using PC Message section of Preset tab (I did have MSB on). Your explanation makes sense. I just copied the presets within the 1-127 range to make it easier --- but I will remember bank select message in case I ever need it--- thx.

Back