Support for Mesa TC-100

scratch17

Having read the MIDI implementation info in both the TC-50 and TC-100 manuals, they look identical. So can I assume that the TC-50 setting will control a TC-100 perfectly.

Also, Mesa Boogie describes simultaneous use of PC and CC commands as potentially confusing to the amp. Does the MMGT allow for both single function (CC) and preset (PC) access via assigned buttons? Or am I confused about the confusion?

Thanks, Steven.

If you set it up as a TC-50, a TC-100 should work fine, their MIDI functions are exactly the same as far as I know.

You can set up the GT to use either PCs or CCs, whatever you prefer. You could set it up to use both, but I agree that it would be confusing for both the amp and the user. It's pretty common to set up a group of IA buttons that send CCs to select channels on the amp and turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on them so you can set store the state of those buttons for each GT preset. That'll allow you to directly select channels, but also have them switch automatically when you change presets on the GT.

Back