Switch 2 preamps into same poweramp via Effects Gizmo

Lars Bøgh

Just playing with a possibility of using 2 pre amps. I’m currently considering buying an “Amplifire 3”, and make a setup where I can switch between this and the preamp in my Rivera s212 (stereo combo).

I have a Mastermind PBC as controller and an Effects Gizmo sitting in a rack along with Strymon x 3 + Eventide H9, all set up in stereo.

Do you think this would work:
Guitar input -> PBC in -> Several stomp boxes
Output-A PBC -> Input 5-8 EG
Send 5 EG -> Rivera Amp input -> Rivera Effect Send -> Return 5 EG
Send 6 EG -> Amplifire Input -> Amplifire Output -> Return 6 EG
Out 5-8 EG -> In 9 EG
Now running 4 stereo effects in EG loop 9-12
EG Out 12 -> Effects Return L + R Rivera amp

I will probably not use the speaker simulation part of the Amplifire.
PBC = RJM Mastermind PBC
EG = RJM Effects Gizmo

Comments highly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply Ron!

Now an extra question. - I realized the Amplifire-3 has stereo outputs. I would like to route this stereo signal to the Effects Return L+R of my Rivera power amp. - Can I use the Effect Gizmo for doing that tricks or would I need a Mini Stereo Line mixer, in this case (stereo effects loop 9-12 of the EG, are already "booked")?
To be a little more specific:
When EG Loop-5 on (Rivera pre-amp), I would like to use EG Loop9-12 (H9, Mobius, Timeline, Big Sky).
When EG Loop-6 on (Amplifire pre-amp), I would use the internal effects of the Amplifire, and not nessecarily route the the L+R output thru EG Loop9-12.
But of course, in both cases route the resulting signal into the power amp section of the Rivera.

Last edited:
You would need a stereo loop to switch that, probably loop 12, which would switch between the output of loop 11 and the output of the Amplifire. Or, you could use a mixer like you suggest and connect Out 12 and the Amplifire output to a mixer and send that output to your power amp.

Back